Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2013 9:49 AM by Moderator Melinda

In desperate need of help to sell furniture. (As a business)

clivebobby Wayfarer

Hi, I need help to sell Furniture in Boston, I have imported my first consignment of inventory which is Patio Furniture but I need to be put in touch with the Market. Any ideas?

• Re: In desperate need of help to sell furniture. (As a business)
          Guide

Hi Clivebobby,

Welcome to the forum. Please take a few minutes to peruse the forum and offer your business experience where you see fit. It would also help if you introduced yourself to us and tell us a little bit more about your situation so that we can give you better ideas that fit your needs.

What stage of this business are you in? Is this business adventure new or already existing? Do you have a business plan? How about a good CPA? Are you looking to sell your product online or in a store? Are you a whole saker?  Have you done any marketing at all? If so, where and how much? Do you have a website?

Melinda

clivebobby Wayfarer

HI Melinda, thanks for the responce. To answer your questions, its mainly a No to most of what you asked. As it is, I am employed as a mover but have now decided to take that leap of faith and start a furniture business. So all I currently have is my inventory which I recently imported into the U.S. I dont have a fancy business plan on paper and with graphs and tables, i just have product I need to sell.

Guide

Hi Clivebobby,

If you are interested in starting your business the first thing you need to do is contact a good CPA to get you started. You need a business name and register that along with your tax number (CPA will help you with that). Open a bank account and you have a business on paper. You need to write a business plan. Decide wether or not you want to sell your furniture online or in a store front. When you make this decision then you can decide on a marketing strategy. Of course, all of this hinges on your budget as well. Oh, almost forgot about insurance. What kind and how much do you need.

In the mean time, if you are looking to sell your furniture while putting the rest into work, there are many free sites you can market your furniture on. Look on your local yellow pages website and place a free ad. There is also craigslist, yahoo listings, and google listings to use as a free marketing tool.

Here are a few links to help you start: Guide: How to develop a business plan

Building Your Business Plan

Marketing tips from Steve Strauss

Hope these help you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Melinda