Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 11:53 PM by sklyles

Need advise on opening a Juice Bar . . .

jenrae Newbie
      Hello All,
      So I am opening an organic Juice and Smoothie Bar in Oregon early fall. The space is bought and construction in progress. I currently live in Arizona, and am completely my business plan (begining stages). I will have a small menu as well. I would like any advise I can get- start up, business plan, effiently running a Juice bar (so I do not have to be there, all day everyday).

Thank you and I appreciate it!!!
      Jenny
        • Re: Need advise on opening a Juice Bar . . .
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Welcome to this web site. Great that you have time on your side.
          Best advice on opening a Business. Visit SCORE.
          SCORE is FREE and is a partner to Bank of America
          and Score can help you succeed in person or on line.
          Good luck. LUCKIEST
            TJMorehead Adventurer
            Hello Jenrae,

Congrats on your business venture. Did you indicate you needed start-up capital? If so, I'll be happy to assist you with that. For your business plan, I recommend Business Plan Pro. This is the recommended program for a fundable business plan.

Warm regards,
            TJ Morehead
              designer Tracker
              Congratulations, Jenny! I bet you are so excited and I wish you very, very well in your new endeavor!!! I am a health nut and support great wholesome and nutritous projects like yours. I probably have about 2 or 3 protein shakes per week.

For what it's worth - - - I would really try to think about how you can make your Juice Bar really, really unique, either with distinct colors or branding or catchy names of the drinks on your menu, etc. It's important to stand out, make people smile and want to come back for more on a regular basis. You'll probably want to grow one day and open several locations?

Be careful, because here in Chicago where people have lots of choices, I've seen even the big names like "Jamba Juice" close franchises in different areas because of slow traffic. A "Jamba Juice" opened up right across from a "Starbucks" and guess where 99% of the customers went? You got it...the coffee place. But I think a well managed store, friendly staff, a clean environment and specials now and then will draw great amounts of people. Good Luck!!!!
                ahirestaff Wayfarer
                I own a young, profitable business in Oregon and these were key elements to our business:

1. Create a solid business plan - SCORE can help you with this. One of the biggest reasons that new business fail is that they under estimate funding. Leave a big cushion for the unforeseen.
                2. Join your local chamber of commerce, they are very supportive and you will get business from it! Have a grand opening and invite neighbors and fellow chamber members.
                3. Get a very good bookkeeper. If you use a staffing service you can ask that your bookkeeper is tested on their accounting knowledge, Quickbooks, ect. If it costs more money to hire a good bookkeeper do it! You have to know where you stand financially at all times.
                3. Create a good marketing strategy. Radio advertising is great, but only if it is very repetitive.
                4. Create promotions until you build your customer base. Buy one get one half off ect. You could even give large companies coupons so that they can share them with their employees.

If you are going to oversee your business, make sure that you have a solid chain of command; manager, assistant manager and general staff. You should have a good employee handbook that outlines sexual harassment procedures, safety in the workplace, dress code, professional conduct, ect. If you need help with this let me know.

Outsourcing your employees to a staffing agency is an excellent way to keep your back office costs down. If you are interested in this service, I would be happy to help.

Good luck!
                • DESIGN A GRAPHIC - ONLAND@GMAIL.COM
                  Sebra25 Wayfarer
                  Hello

Design a graphic, will design all that you need!!! wont be beaten on price, if you find a price, we will match it... smoothie logo, packaging, advertising. £50 pound deposit, nothing else payed til you have finished design...

Corporate Mission Statement

Since the beginning of Design a graphic, our primary focus has been to fully meet customer needs. This core principle guides every thing we do, every decision we make, and ensures the continued growth and success of our business. Our employees are our greatest asset and all are empowered to do whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations. Design a graphic is committed to fairness and integrity in all relationships.

Strategy

Our goal of exceeding customer expectations drives us to implement new processes and technologies that support cost reduction initiatives and mutual process improvements. We will make investments in systems and equipment to enhance our quality and efficiency and increase our value to our clients. We continue to invest in our employees' training, performance and knowledge. Our commitment to earning the trust, loyalty and respect of our customers, employees, vendors, and community will continue to guide every decision we make.

Design a graphic Values
                  Fairness, Integrity and Honesty - Design a graphic strives for open and honest relationships with our customers, our employees, and our suppliers

Customer and Quality Focus - this is the core of Design a graphic

Flexibility and Adaptability - we will always be ready for change

Fiscal Responsibility - we will focus on profitable growth and make wise investments

Education and Training - our people are our greatest resource and we will invest in them

Creativity - as a custom solutions provider, we will create new and better business methods

Innovation - we will continue to invest in new technologies I.e. web design and photo shop

Our Environment - we will be environmentally sensitive

Our Community - we will strive to be good corporate people and create great images
                    • Re: DESIGN A GRAPHIC - ONLAND@GMAIL.COM
                      LUCKIEST Guide
                      Sebra, Welcome. Tell us more.

You have a great mission statement. Where are you?? How long have you been in business??

Corporate Mission Statement

Since the beginning of Design a graphic, our primary focus has been to
                      fully meet customer needs. This core principle guides every thing we
                      do, every decision we make, and ensures the continued growth and
                      success of our business. Our employees are our greatest asset and all
                      are empowered to do whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations.
                      Design a graphic is committed to fairness and integrity in all
                      relationships
                      Ronnel Newbie
                      How about a Website?

Own a community website for all juice lovers...in that way yout can easily reach your costumers whenever you have new products or promo..
                      I can help you with your website...its our specialty.