Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 2:01 PM by newbiz_2

Seeking a CPA/Accountant in Chicago area

newbiz_2 Wayfarer
      Hi,

I am in the final stages of setting up my one-person information consulting business. I chose to incorporate with the S corp selection because of personal and tax liability. I am seeking a CPA/Accountant that can help me with tax related issues for the business. I will be working primarily from my home or from time to time at the client's site if needed. I appreciate any advice and/or referrals. Thanks.
        • Re: Seeking a CPA/Accountant in Chicago area
          dublincpa Scout
          I am a CPA in Crystal Lake. However, I have clients throughout the metro area. Please feel free to contact me at dublincpa@gmail.com. I can provide my contact info. Because of crawlers etc, I use the gmail to keep spam out of my real Inbox.

If I am not right for you, I have a few other contacts around town for you to talk to. Good luck in your search.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Seeking a CPA/Accountant in Chicago area.
            There have been many posts from Accountants.
            Try "Manoj Gupta" she is FREE and a tax and accounting expert.
            Please contact me and I will be glad
            to meet your tax and accounting needs.
            Please visit my web site for a
            wealth of information including some very useful FREE downloads.
            There are others. Have you opened the yellow pages?? or tried your banker??
            LUCKIEST
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              newbiz_2 Wayfarer
              Hi,

Thank you both. I have been reading a lot of the posts and your responses and I feel honored that you responded to my inquiry. Last night I downloaded the Quickbooks Simple Start 2008, is this a start in the right direction before I directly contact either of you? I have never used a CPA or Accountant so I lack knowledge about what I need to do or have before I approach one.
                  dublincpa Scout
                  The fact that you are taking control of your business finances from the outset is a step in the right direction. Being that QuickBooks is the biggest selling product line, most anyone will be able to support you in the use of their products. You may outgrow Simple Start as a result of its lack or features or you may find that it does everything that you need or want for some time to come.

Most accountants will be flexible and work with whatever product you are comfortable with. Others feel that you are best served by using/doing what they tell you. You have to find the arrangement that works best for you.

Good Luck.
                  shayob Newbie

Hi, I saw your post and thought I too would reply. I had an S Corp doing IT Consulting work in the Chicago area a few years back. I had a great accountant in the Wheaton (Western Suburbs) and if you are in that area of Chicagoland you might want to contact him. His name is Jim Whitlock, his email is jjw.cpa@sbcglobal.net

I used Quickbooks for my business and it worked very well for me and I was able to send Jim downloads that he could use for my taxes. I found Quickbooks easy to learn and work with and couldn't image running a small business without it.

I have since left IL and moved to AZ but I am sure Jim will remember me if you chose to contact him you can tell him that Shannon recommended him. Best of luck with your business!