Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 9:34 PM by AngelBiz

starting a business with no capital, how far can you go?

tmcinc Wayfarer

Afternoon-

I have been deliberating about continuing with my business KNOWING that I have NO capital.  My business in consulting in nature and I could begin with no capital but how far does that take me.  Seeking advice, opinions, and thoughts.  Much appreciated!

• Re: starting a business with no capital, how far can you go?
          ClearlyFiltered Adventurer

Search for online Affiliate programs. Some companies have them as well as the big boys like Amazon.

It's essentially a comission-based business plan that you make money by selling other people's products/services.

Obviously with NO money, it will be hard to market. But you can reinvest your initial earning and spin those into reaching more people.

Just a thought!

We have one and there are a number of people who do quite well with it.

www.clearlyfiltered.com/affiliates/

Guide

Hi ClearlyFiltered,

The good news is that you can start a consulting business with little or no capital because of the small amount of overhead it takes for start up. Usually the consulting business is by word of mouth and the reputation of the company. It would be a little easier for us if you introduce yourself and tell us a little more about your business. What kind of consulting do you do and how long have you been in this business?

Melinda

tmcinc Wayfarer

Hello Melinda-

Thank you for your comments.

I provide true colors (personality indicator profile) facilitation, staffing and on-boarding services, and I also work with non-profit organizations providing organizational and program development services as well.  You are correct in that the start-up costs are very minimal as I am the cost.

In short, my consulting services are:

Human Resource: staffing, on-boarding, new hire orientation, screening, and recruiting

Non-Profit Services:  grant writing, organizational and program development, as well as the HR services mentioned

Thanks again for your feedback!

AngelBiz Tracker

tmcinc - Good news is you can start and carry on consulting business with minimal or no investment, as others have already mentioned. However, it doesn't mean you can go on for ling without getting clients and cash flow. You need to start getting leads by networking (attend conferences, chamber of commerce meetings, workshops, etc.) pretty much every day. You can also look into setting up website and a blog and write articles on the topics you are consulting. This will establish your reputation and credibility in front of potential customers.

I must say, the consulting business takes time to build, so don't expect overnight success.