Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 5:01 AM by batteryroofer

Marketing Product

ThePoet Newbie
      I have an idea for a smoke detector, which eliminates the problem of forgetting to check the batteries. Take my idea, and run with it, as I am disabled. Redress for know how is expected,
        • Re: Marketing Product
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

I'm curious . . . does it eliminate the problem by eliminating the batteries, or it is a variation of the low-battery "chirp" found on most detectors (or the drop down thread/flag that signals a low battery on others)? Can you offer a little more info?

If it's something different, I'm wondering if that solution might also be adaptable to other applications -- for example I know a Japanese firm makes a smoke detector that will dial a cell phone when triggered, but it costs about $140 plus a monthly cellular service fee. If you have a breakthrough component that could be most inexpensively integrated with tactile or wireless communication devices, you may suddenly have lots of interested parties! Again, a little more info could be helpful.

Best wishes.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Welcome to this web site. Having an idea for a smoke detector is great
            WHAT NEXT. Talk to SCORE. Get a Lawyer.
            Being disabled should not stop you from pursuing a lifestyle of your choice.
            Be CAREFUL, LUCKIEST
              lowdose Wayfarer
              You will also have to compete with hard-wired smoke detectors. I know in my home town, apartment buildings are required to have hard-wired smoke detectors. Can you translate this technology to other electrical appliances? Would be great to also have a flashlight that does not need batteries.

As far as marketing this idea, you can underwrite on local radio stations that have home improvement shows, or shows geared towards the elderly, who might not be disposed to hike up a ladder to change batteries. Anyhow, that's how I advertised my business for a while. Worked out pretty good.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Handy Made is a domicile full-service company.
                  that's how you advertised your business for a while. O K
                  How long have you been in business??
                  Yes it would be great to have a flashlight that does not need batteries.
                  Again, LUCKIEST
                      lowdose Wayfarer
                      I've been in business for almost five years. I have underwritten programs on local radio stations for advertising (as mentioned in previous post). It was cheaper than placing ads in the yellow pages. Right now I am pretty booked up just on word of mouth.