Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 9:39 AM by Moderator Ilona

What will bring you back?

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Looking around your neighborhood, which of the businesses do you patronize and what brings you back to them? Is it the costumer service, price or just knowing the people that work there? Do you have businesses that you use to patronize but don't anymore and if so why not, what would have to change for you to go back? Please share your thoughts and experiences about this right here.

Ilona

• Re: What will bring you back?
          AngelBiz Tracker

I have to say customer service trumps everything when it comes to patronizing the businesses. That is the only way small businesses are able to compete effectively against large businesses such as Wal-mart. If I am not treated well as a customer I would not go back even if I have to pay more at another place. After all, customers love to go where everyone knows their name.

• Re: What will bring you back?
              Moderator Ilona Ranger

You are right, it is nice to walk into a store where people know you by name, ask how you are doing and remember your answer for the next visit. Living in a small community, it is very nice to go to the neighborhood store and know who you are dealing with, know that these people are your neighbors and usually struggle just as much as you do. Where going to a big store like Walmart is convenient since they sell everything in one place, it does however not have the personal touch and many times, there is little to no customer service. You are just another shopper amongst many. Besides customer service are there other reasons that will bring you back to asmall store vs. a Walmart, Target or K-mart?

Ilona