Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 5:31 PM by bizlistings

Update Your Website

LUCKIEST Guide

Yesterday's Wall Street Journal ran an article about changes in the world of advertising.

An executive who took off for two years discovers the field has changed.

When she tries to find a job, everyone asks for qualifications that didn't exist two years ago.

If you created your website and marketing materials three, five or more years ago,

you might be surprised how just a few subtle tweaks will increase your conversion rates and attract new clients.

Good Luck

• Re: Update Your Website
          Robin Williams Scout

Yes, tweaking business products and services in regular intervals work. Updating website regularly with clear information on each product and service attracts customers. If you have something new to offer, update your site with this and let your target market know.

Guide

We usually up date our pictures on our website once every 6 months. This helps us keep up with the other architects in the area. Most website contracts allow changes  every year as part of the package. Can not imagine why anyone would not take advantage of that opportunity.

Melinda

vharkish Adventurer

Updating your website is good, especially if you have a wordpress site, it pings it automatically

Vijay Harkishnani

Wholesale Belly Dance

bizlistings Adventurer

Web design and SEO (search engine optimisation) is an ever evolving niche. What was effective last year may not be so effective this year.

And we all know how Google are continuously moving the goal posts.

The best thing to do is test, test, test. See what works and what doesn't and never let your site get old and outdated.

The biggest tip I can give is to make sure your site is responsive (mobile friendly).

Regards

Peter Watson

www.seowebsitedesigns.com.au

monimesz Adventurer

Having an up to date website is essential in succeeding online.  An up to date website not only creates credibility in the eyes of your customers, it also allows you to keep customers and visitors engaged on a regular basis and keep them coming back.

There are no set rules on how often your website should be updated, but the more frequently, the better. One of the deciding factors in Google's ranking is to see how "fresh" your content on your site is.  It might not be feasible for you to update your website on a daily basis, but you should add new content as soon as you have it available.

There are certain items each website should have.  Here are a couple of articles:

5 Home Page Must Have for Your Website

What is the Best Content to for Your Website?

If you would like help with evaluating your website or marketing materials, please let me know.

Monika Beck

www.webene.com

Guide

Thank you for the very valuable information, Monika. Goes to show you that it matters who you build your website with. Most of the things that were mentioned in those articles and what we have talked about on this post should be mentioned and discussed by the web designer. If they are not keeping you up to speed with this information, I would question there capabilities as a web designer.

Melinda

drjobs Adventurer

Updating is good..but be careful how deep you go into it. A radical change might drop your search engines ranking.

Al

http://www.amparojobs.com/

bizlistings Adventurer

It depends by what you mean as updating? Content, code, meta tags, etc.

Fresh content isn't possible for most sites and I see sites ranking #1 in Google for very competitive search terms without updating fresh content in years.

It's more about quality and not so much about the quantity.

Regards

Peter Watson

www.seowebsitedesigns.com.au

Ranger

You are right, of course , Peter . Some sites rightfully seem to say ' if it is working why change it" .  Al spoke about search engine rankings as well.  What changes would be detrimental to search engine rankings?

Does adding a human element help or hinder? Lots of sites have areas where you can chat with customer service. I , myself , have used these things but I can't say it helps my perception of the business. Perhaps if the site was comprehensive enough I wouldn't have questions to have to use the chat for.  What do you think?

Joleen

pauljoachim Scout

YES!   It's amazing how things chance and advance in the world of web sites.  I went into a portion of a large web site I manage which I had not touched in *eeek* about 2 years.  I was SHOCKED, totally shocked by how the content and structure was no where near the level of sophistication of what I do today.  It was like a totally different person was managing it.  I gotta keep up, keep developing, keep tweaking.  It's a never ending process.

transcribe Scout

If you keep your website filled with brand new, informative and relevant content then it will most definitely perform better in the search engine rankings. Most happy customers will not mind if you ask them for their comments when you have done a good job for them. Uploading testimonials from your customers will be very good.