Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 11:11 AM by sharyis

Event Hall

sharyis Wayfarer

Hi,

I am considering starting an event hall. Where should I start??

I've made several calls about insurance. Any recommendations? We are located inside a mall.

Where is a good place to purchase round banquet tables & linen?

We wouldn't allow alcohol on our facility, what other types of permits would be required to operate?

These are just a few questions so far. I'm sure i'd have others. Look forward to any response & advise I can get!

Have a great one!!

• Re: Event Hall
          Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Sharyis,  welcome to the community!

I would suggest checking with your local SBA office. They can give you ideas of what steps you may need to take. Also, check with the local city/county permit office to find out what permits may be required. Insurance is definitely a good idea considering all of the possibilities that could happen during an event, Having worked in insurance before, I know you can purchase insurance for each specific event that you have.  I hope this helps and wish you the best.

~Berta

sharyis Wayfarer

Hi Ms. Moderator Berta,

Thanks for your good advice! I also thought about calling local event halls, but I wasn't sure how open they'd be about sharing their business advice.

Thanks, God bless you!

Sharyis

Moderator Berta Guide

You might be surprised Sharyis! They may be willing to mentor you. It won't hurt to give them a call and see if you can meet with them & just inquire. I wouldn't hide what I was doing if I were you. That might cause an issue between you & them later. Just let them know you're thinking about it and was wondering if they have any advice or tips of the trade that they'd be willing to share with you. There are many people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with others who are trying to make it in the same field. They've already been where you are & know the trials you face.

~Berta

sharyis Wayfarer

Wow, you are so right. Actually, after reading your 1st post this morning, I started calling local venues and was surprised at how open several of the people I spoke to were!  Your comments have been worth me joining this discussion board. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sharyis

Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi Sharyis, this is great news!  You will find a lot of information available from those already in the business.  Also, if you haven't already, be sure to explore some of the other areas of this board.  Our members have GREAT insight and will be able to walk you through the next steps of your plans.

Additionally, be sure to check out the information available on the Small Business Administration website.  Of particular interest may be the area regarding things to consider when starting up a new business :http://www.sba.gov/thinking-about-starting.

Good luck!  Please be sure to let us know how your venture turns out.

Cheers,

-Rebecca

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              sharyis Wayfarer

Support comes in many different ways. Starting your own business can be daunting. I am overwhelmed and appreciate the responses and advice I've received this far. It is very encouraging and I am looking forward to the wealth of information & knowledge available here.

Thanks again!