Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 9:40 AM by Moderator Melinda

Proprietary RV Park

PapaGator Scout

This is an excellent idea for a business for the Southeast side of Tallahassee, Florida 32311. A vacant piece of property would be the main entrance. The cost of the vacant lot is the biggest expense. If it is acquired then the project could go forward. I believe there is a need for travelers traveling to the coast,universities,government and other great adventures in and around Tallahassee to have a decent place to stay. I would be able to design the layout of the parking to be all pull-throughs with ease. No back-in lots. A nice front store with a couple of small businesses. This would be the answer to the replacement of old mobile homes that are too expensive to replace. No one wants to help get them replaced. So this idea will be less expensive and provide a better income to get the loan paid off quicker. As usual the need is for money. Any one have an idea?

• Re: Proprietary RV Park
          Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi PapaGator,

Considering the tourism and college traffic in the Tallahassee area, this could be a great idea!  The first thing you need, if you haven't done so already, is to create a business plan.  If possible, include a artists rendition of what you would like the RV Park to look like.  You will then need to entice investors, If your proposed area is already in a high visibility/easy access area your best bet is to establish the small businesses first. I think you might have better luck with that if you can show you have a plan to partner with an existing campground network, such as KOA.  Many of these networks offer guidance and assistance in developing a campground once initial funding is established and would prove to be an attractive draw to encourage small businesses to build.  Once you receive initial commitment from a few small businesses, you would have better luck finding the necessary funding.

Many of our members have started businesses from the land buy level forward, I'm looking forward to hearing what other pieces of great advice they may offer you.

Best of luck!

-Rebecca

PapaGator Scout

I am Papa Gator and I am trying to decide whether to go forward with my idea for a RV park. The situation with financial help has been null and void. This is why I will ask anyone who reads this to give me their thoughts as to whether they think a RV Park would be visited in this part of Tallahassee, Florida. 32311 area. I have to make a change and I thought this would be an answer. Stay safe

Guide

Hi PapaGator,

Thank you for following up with us. If I understand correctly, things would be better if you could just rent the older mobile homes that are already there? What kind of advertising (if any) have you done to get the homes rented? Did you come up with a business plan to present to future investors?

Melinda