Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2013 5:28 PM by db3

Assistance

Xtrardinary Enterprises Newbie

My name is Paulette Duling-El I am the Head Director and owner of Xtrardinary Enterprises. We have a cheer, dance, and gymnastics program called Xtrardinary Cheer Inc.  We provide participants with 10 or more of instruction per week in progressive cheer, dance, and gymanstics.  We are a not for profit and tax exempt corporation, and need information on how to gain sponsors to assist our participants in gaining finances to support competitions, travel, uniforms, and more. We fundraise and are just tapped out of good ideas, and finding sponsors in this economy has been difficult.  There is no tryout for any participant, we offer them the chance to try us out.  Anyone can be trained and we believe that the right motivation can turn anyone into and Xtrardinary performer, individual, student, etc. Our vision statement :"We can do all things through Christ who strenthens us."

Visit our website at www.xtrardinarycheer.org and learn more.

• Re: Assistance
          Guide

Hi Xtrardinary,

Welcome to the forum! We invite you to view our board and offer us any ideas you may have. We look forward to reading all of your great suggestions.

I am sure there are many members here who can offer you some tips to help create new ideas for your fantastic program.

Melinda

spst Wayfarer

There are many things you can do to raise funds.

For example: Go to your local paintball dealer and ask them to work with you to raise funds to meet your needs. Use their equipment and supplies to promote their business while having a door cover charge for participants. The door cover charge goes towards your fundraising along with selling hot dogs, chips, and drinks. Using a closed grocery store's interior and hanging plastic sheeting up to protect the walls for easy cleanup would be advisable.

You never know, it could be so beneficial, you may want to have it several times a year.

Their are as many businesses looking for opportunities like this as their are entrepreneurs.

Need more Ideas?

Let me know!

Guide

Hi spst,

What a fantastic idea! Many youngsters like to participate in paintball matches.

I am also wondering if you can perhaps go to a local gym that offers daycare. Many gyms have programs to keep the children occupied while the parents work out. You might be able to create your own program and introduce yourself to make parents aware of your facilities. I know that Work Out World is a gym that offers free daycare for parents.

Good luck!

Melinda

db3 Adventurer

Hi Xtrardinary,

Another suggestion is to try a crowd funding platform to raise money.  You might try http://www.indigogo.com

Hope this helps!

DB3