Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 12:44 PM by esaltarelli

JANITORIAL

maw Wayfarer

To add to the first ever question regarding getting SQUARE FOOTAGE of a bank.  I asked the manager for that information and he didn't know?  Is it right to measure it myself.

Next question.  Since I'm new at this, What is an average Cost per hour when I'm the only one working.  I'm Lic/Bonded and ready to go bid.

Thanks for your help.

• Re: JANITORIAL
          Moderator Cath Guide

Interesting questions.

First of all, welcome to our community.  We are glad you have chosen to be a part and hope you will benefit from some of the great information that is shared here.  And feel free to share any of your expertise with us, too.

Now for your questions.  It sounds to me as if you are interacting with perspective clients and trying to offer a bid for your services, right?  If a business is interested in your company, they should have some idea of the square footage of their company or at least some close amount.

I would definitely ask permission before measuring.  The perspective client doesn't sound very interested - what vibes are you getting?

Cath

• Re: JANITORIAL
            esaltarelli Adventurer

Most of the stand alone banks I see are 2 - 3,000 square feet in size.  You will find that this is a competitive business.  The price depends on who supplies the equipment (vacuum, mops, etc) and who supplies the supplies (seems redundant doesn't it!).  The cost per hour is going to based on your market, but you need to think about your time, your driving time, your depreciation of your assets if you supply them, as well as if you are doing daily or less often.