Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2013 9:08 AM by Moderator Jim

Wordpress issue?

amspcs Ranger

Is anybody out there besides me having issues with Wordpress blog? The past couple of days it has been very VERY slow and sluggist. Pages take forever to load.  In fact, two days ago they wouldn't load at all, instead got time-out error message.Can't seem to connect with WP customer services via either phone or email.  Just wondering if the problem is on my side or their side, and what the fix might be.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• Re: Wordpress issue?
          koln123 Tracker

We host using Wordpress.  Just checked it and it was loading O.K..  Maybe there are other issues on the site.  Suggest contacting, if you have one, your website creator or technical assistant.   Oftentimes there are other issues that cause this type of thing that are only familiar to those on the technical side.  Good luck

Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hi amspcs,

koln offers some good suggestions for you.  If you have already checked with your website creator or technical assistance, you may also want to make sure that you have cleared your flash cache recently.  You can learn more about how to do this at: Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel.

Can you let us know if the problem is resolved?  I'm sure that some of our other members might have some suggestions for you regarding technical support if this issue still is occurring.

Good luck to you!

amspcs Ranger

My thanks to all who offered help and advise.  I am happy to report that I have successfully resolved the problem with the help of my hoster, I got an excellent tech by the name of Juan on the chat line and he immediately diagnosed the problem as a MySQL issue (whatever that is).  He assisted me in preparing a work order to have the MykSQL changed, and very shortly thereafter another tech contacted me to advise that the change was in progress already (I really didn't expect anything to happen for at least a day or two).  A few moments later the tech advised it was done, asked that I try it out, and the blog worked like lightning. Excellent accurate on-the-money diagnosis and service, and it didn't cost me a dime. Websitesource certainly gets my vote!