Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 1:46 PM by bnb

Street wear Boutique

bnb Wayfarer

I am interested in opening a boutique that sells high end street wear or Urban merchandise.

i am not sure how to go about getting specific brands/merchandise in the store.

• where do i go to get the clothes from brands that are already established?
      • do i just call their corporate offices or distributors?

I am not exactly sure how much money i should put into the merchandise in the beginning

• do i buy all the items at a wholesale price and then decide how much i want to sell each item for, or are there rules?
      • is there some sort of approval process the boutique must go through in order for brands to consent the selling of their merchandise?

Thank you and any help is greatly appreciated.

• Re: Street wear Boutique
          Moderator Berta Guide

Hi bnb and welcome to the community!

You've asked some great questions! I'm sure our members will be able to help you out with some advice.

I would suggest contacting the corporate offices that you want to sell the merchandise of & see what they require for being a distributor of their goods. You will also need to have a business plan drawn up. Do you have a location for your store or will you be doing it strictly online?

I'm sure there are many more issues that need to be addressed. I look forward to hearing our members advice and your progress.

~Berta