Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 9:38 AM by Moderator Melinda

Searching for the social media that is a good fit for your business?

Moderator Cath Guide

My attention was caught when I saw Erin McDermott's article: Social Media Roulette: What’s the right platform for you?.  Roulette?  And yes, it can feel like roulette with so many platforms to look at and choose from.

If you have been thinking about social media and even if you are already involved in some way, this article is reading time well spent.

How have you or are you using social media with your business?  Do you have some success stories you would like to share?  Or maybe a lesson learned?  We welcome your posts and would like to hear from you.

Cath

• Re: Searching for the social media that is a good fit for your business?
          Robin Williams Tracker

The article was very informative. I think, however, the toughest challenge for executives are measuring the social media's effectiveness, linking social media efforts to ROI, and understanding the concrete difference social efforts make to the business. While these business experts know that social media is a powerful tool, they still aren't sure how powerful.

• Re: Searching for the social media that is a good fit for your business?
              Guide

Hi Robin,

I found that measuring social media effectiveness on your own business to be simple. With just a little effort and inquiry the perspective client would give you the necessary knowledge you need to see if your social media is effective. Many sites also offer counters to let you know just how many people are actually viewing your company. If one type of social media is not reaching your goals than there are many more avenues to choose from. Not every form of social media is right for every company. It is a trial and error game until you find what works best for your needs. Bottom line is, exposure is a must. In this technical age a company can not afford to NOT use social media to get ahead of the competition.

Melinda