Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 1:07 AM by Lighthouse24

Common Sense

25trekker1 Adventurer
      What is the difference between wisdom and common sense?
        • Re: Common Sense
          websolutions Tracker
          this is like the chicken and the egg question -- wisdom and common sense technically come develop from experiences, I think.
              25trekker1 Adventurer
              Thanks websolutions for the interesting reply re: which came first, chicken or egg. I had never thought of the correct answer in this context. By the way, Which did come first, the chicken or the egg, and why? Why did the chicken cross the road?
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Q: Why did the chicken run across the road? A: There was a car coming. Q: Why did the chicken cross the road halfway? A: She wanted to lay it on the line. Q: Why did the rubber chicken cross the road? A: She wanted to stretch her legs. Q: Why did the Roman chicken cross the road? A: She was afraid someone would caesar! Q: Why did the chicken cross the road? A: To prove to the possum it could actually be done!
                      25trekker1 Adventurer
                      Dear LUCKIEST, Your answers to why the chicken crossed the road are priceless! I only knew one answer which my Grandma Johnson told me and that was, she wanted to get to the rooster on the other side. I must now sign off until this evening. I work at the local Swap Meet on weekends buying and selling United States and foreign coins and my good friend with whom I set up at the best location there is due any minute. You have a "good day" and a "happy forever. Sincerely, Curt Hanson
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  knowledge is not touching the fire cause you know its hot
                  wisdom is not touching the fire cause you've been burned before
                    DomainDiva Ranger
                    I am not understanding why you have posted this question in internet and e-commerce. This is a business forum, if you desire philosophical discussion youo can google this topic and participate in a number of other discussions. Obviously you have not made the common sense connection between internet and e-commerce and your question.
                      Lighthouse24 Ranger

Common sense and wisdom are both a result of the knowledge, intuition, and judgment that we gain through personal experiences and the teachings of others. Common sense seems to define and encompass the more obvious and clear-cut conclusions we base on universal experiences and widespread teachings. Wisdom seems to define and encompass the more profound and complex conclusions we base on unique experiences and specialized teachings.