Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 10:14 AM by rubenson

How many hours is considered full time in Nevada

rubenson Wayfarer

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie, I hope to enjoy and learn from this platform likewise, I will share info. I can provide to the best of my knowledge.

Here goes my first question:

Does anybody know what is the minimum hours a week that could be considered full time in Nevada?

Thanks in advance,

Rubenson

• Re: How many hours is considered full time in Nevada
          Moderator Jim Ranger

According to Nevada's website (State of Nevada)

"

NAC 284.0639  “Full-time employee” defined. (NRS 284.065)  “Full-time employee” means an employee whose work schedule is 100 percent of the full-time equivalent established for the employee’s pay class designation.

(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Personnel by R147‑01, eff. 1‑22‑2002)

NAC 284.064  “Full-time employment” defined. (NRS 284.065)  “Full-time employment” means a work schedule that is 100 percent of the full-time equivalent established for the pay class designation.

(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Personnel, eff. 10‑26‑84; A 9‑13‑91; R147‑01, 1‑22‑2002)

NAC 284.065  “Full-time equivalency” and “full-time equivalent” defined. (NRS 284.065)  “Full-time equivalency” or “full-time equivalent” means:

1.     For a nonexempt employee, the number of hours authorized by the Department of Personnel for the nonexempt employee’s position, divided by the number of base hours established for the position’s pay class designation.

2.     For an exempt classified employee or an exempt unclassified employee, the number of days authorized by the Department of Personnel for the employee’s position, divided by the number of base days established for the position’s pay class designation.

(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Personnel by R147‑01, eff. 1‑22‑2002)"

Best,

Jim