Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 5:06 PM by LeslieVZ

Marketing and Copywritting

LUCKIEST Guide

You are marketing a business, you know you need all kinds of resources - designers, coaches, and consultants.

But when it comes to creating content, a lot of business owners get nervous.

"Doesn't the marketing coach make all the decisions?"

"Don't I need to attract traffic?"

"Shouldn't I set up all the marketing and maybe even draft the copy before I call a copywriter?"..

"If I work with a copywriter, will I still sound like me?"

These questions are so important - and so common

• Re: Marketing and Copywritting
          Moderator Berta Guide

Great questions Lucky! Do you have any answers for them?

~Berta

LUCKIEST Guide

Yes I do. I wait to see if my posts are approved.

So many good posts get rejected for unknown reasons

LUCKIEST Guide

Hire a copywriter and still sound authentic - in your own voice?

A copywriter can help you attract traffic to your website

Choose a copywriter who's NOT intimately familiar with your own industry,

jargon and buzzwords and get interesting results

Set up stage in your project and hire a copywriter for that stage

if you want to save time and money

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Interesting LUCKIEST, it has been a long time since I heard anyone talk about hiring a copywriter, but it does make sense.

Ilona

LeslieVZ Adventurer

I have worked with copywriters, and it is always an interesting experience.  I find that generally I have to draft a pretty clear outline of what I want the piece to cover, and make sure that they understand the main concepts of my product in a general sense (even the ones that I don't think will be touched on in the article).

Something to be aware of - some copywriters subcontract their work.  I let my copywriters know that I'm okay with it, but that they are responsible for the final version they send me.

LWMareS Scout

Hello Luckiest!

You seemed to have questions about why some of your posts are removed. In our Community Guidelines, we emphasize in item #6 that "Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the community's reputation and observe the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else properly attributed."

Unfortunately, on multiple occasions we have found when we searched on the Internet on items you had posted, others had posted those same or very similar items before you. Remember that changing a few words does not make an item original, and if you are intending to highlight an item someone else has written, please make sure to correctly attribute it. I would encourage you to check yourself before posting so you can feel assured that you haven't accidentally duplicated the work of someone else.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Mare Stern

Moderation Manager