Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 1:31 PM by Moderator Berta

Any advice regarding opening a Boba Shop in Santa Ana?

family4mom Newbie

Hi everyone, I am currently looking into renting a small space in a water store in Santa Ana.  The space is all set with a fridge, sinks and countertop.  I think it is a great location to sell Boba drinks as the store is in a very busy shopping area and alot of people young and old frequent the store.  I have been a stay at home mom for the last couple of years and have always wanted to start my own business.  Back when the Boba craze really hit it big  my kids where just babies so I couldn't jump on the bandwagon, but now that they are older in school I want to give it a try.  Does any one have any advice?

• Re: Any advice regarding opening a Boba Shop in Santa Ana?
          Moderator Ilona Ranger

You came to the right place, I am sure that we have a lot of posters here that will be able to help you with advice on how to get started and proceed. Good Luck in your endeavors, let us know how everything is working out. First thing I would tell you is have a business plan, and remember that they are not set in stone, business plans can be changed.

Ilona

LUCKIEST Guide

O K Dee, You want to start your business.

To start your business takes a lot of skill, with the intense and willingness

using your creativity and even your brilliance to succeed.

Passion is at the heart of success.

Passion puts color in your words and in your head.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

Moderator Ilona Ranger

We already talked about having a business plan, I guess the next question would be, do you have the finances to do this on your own or will you have to try to get a business loan?

Will you be working the store on your own or will you be hiring staff?

When do you plan on opening the store, do you already know where you will get your supplies from and such?

I know that it can seem overwhelming at time but if you are truly set on doing this, I would say 'Full Steam ahead' and best of luck.

Ilona

icetzou Scout

Hi there, i have been operating my current boba shop for 2.5 years and is current expanding to multiple locations in Southern California.

Looks like you have already found a space, which is great. Operating a boba tea shop is not hard but if you want to make a lot of money doing it, you'll have to be different. Though the boba craze is not has high as it once were but there are still a lot of shops getting lines of customers every day.

I would say start by identifying your market. What does your typical customer look like? A product that is for "everyone and anyone" usually doesn't do well. So identify your shop with your own brand. Is it going to be hip, or fancy, or sophisticated?

I have a ton of advice for you but rather than just unload it, just let me know if you have specific questions and I can answer them for you. Best of luck, if you already opened, then let me know the name and I'll try to stop by.