Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2013 9:31 AM by Moderator Melinda

Credit card frauds

Jim Peters Tracker

WITH THE INCREASE IN NUMBER OF DUPLICATE CARDS BEING MADE AND MISUSED. HOW CAN ONE ENSURE THAT THEIR CARD DETAILS ARE SAFE? IS THE USAGE OF TOO MUCH OF ONLINE TRANSACTION THE CORE CULPRIT IN THESE CRIMES

• Re: Credit card frauds
          Guide

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, it is the nature of the beast. Every time we use our cards, there is always a chance that someone out there will try and procure our information to use to their own advantage. There are many things we can do to protect ourselves and lower the percentage of being a victim to this type of fraud.  I for one only use my cards on web pages that have a secured site indicated by the padlock in the corner. I only use a web card to shop on line (a card that my bank issues for internet shopping only). This card has specific limitations and separate security so that if I do happen to fall victim it will cost me next to nothing. I prefer to have my card swiped in front of me when possible (many restaurants now bring a hand held machine to the table for this purpose). When I choose a credit card, security is the first subject I discuss with the company before I sign the paperwork. Even with all of this, I know that it could still happen.

Melinda