Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 1:23 PM by Moderator Ilona

Safe Winter Driving

LUCKIEST Guide

Safe Winter Driving

Winter driving can be hazardous and scary, especially if there is snow or ice on the road.

The key to staying safe this winter is to plan ahead and be cautious while driving up to prevent any major accidents.

Just like your body needs an annual checkup, it's important to maintain your car and ensure that it is ready for the winter.

Check your battery, tire tread, windshield wipers, brakes, and anti-freeze before heading out.

Be patient and allot sufficient time in your travels; try to drive at a slower speed and keep a safe distance between cars.

Plan your route in advance, so you are familiar with the map or directions.

Good Luck

• Re: Safe Winter Driving
          Moderator Ilona Ranger

Great tips LUCKIEST, I would add to make sure you have some blankets and gloves in your vehicle, also having some granola bars or something like that in the glove-box can be very helpful just in case you get stuck on the road for any reason. I for one also have a small bag of kitty litter in my trunk, this helps greatly in case one get's stuck on an icy patch.

Ilona