Post a new topic
    15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2013 1:24 PM by Moderator Berta

How do you get your blog to be popular

Jim Peters Tracker

What are the ways to make your blog popular and get more Clicks on it. What topics attract a lot of people. And for beginners how to do get blogs to be read by many people and get them famous.

• Re: How do you get your blog to be popular
          Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Jim,

Great questions! I'm sure our members can help answer them for us.

~Berta

jeand Wayfarer

to make your blog more popular you have to write  quality articles on your blog and also have to do seo some to get good ranks on google and doe seo times join some nice forums and also you need some good theme which should be seo optimized ... here are some where you can get nice themes and tips for seo.

Premium WordPress Themes and plugins and for best seo forums and tips

bobnorth Wayfarer

jeand put it right in many ways...

Quality content is exactly what Google and Bing are going for.  Really that's because that's what people want.  If you write quality content in a wordpress blog it's bound to get traffic over time.  Monitor your analytics (to see where to focus), keep writing all the time, and promote other places to help boost your rankings.

Also as you can see even jeand put links back to their blog / web site on here....

koln123 Tracker

One way to often get lots of interest is to think cleverly, and about things most folks are not thinking of.  A recent interesting story that struck me is the recent Presidential election.  The candidate Mr. Romney had put up a transition website on election night which was based on him being the victor.   It was only up for a short time, but a blogger thought that such a site might be published and sure enough, one was.   He took a copy and paste and passed it around some new organizations after the final results were announced as being something newsworthy found in the public domain.   Many, many main news outlets found it very newsworthy and the blogger received a tremendous amount of attention to their blog site.  

It helps a lot if the general subject matter is something you take an interest in naturally because you will want to think about the possibilities, and due to your passion on the subject, you may come up with unique ideas.   The subject does not have to be part of your business, etc.  Everyone likes interesting stories.   If they are off topic a bit, but naturally interesting, they can easily be worked into your blog. Good Luck.

brandyc Adventurer

A blog should be about something that you really enjoy talking about or in this case writing about.  In order not to lose that early zeal, you must have passion for the subject of your blog and look forward to writing.  At first you must write every day and even more than once a day is good.  If people come to your new blog and like it they will return.  However if they don't see a new post, they will quit coming and this is especially true of a new blog.

What I believe really makes your blog stand out however is your personality.  You have to let "You" shine through.  If not, it's just another blog.  People are drawn to something that is real, warts and all.  Let your emotions show including a sense of humor.  I love to see a person "let it all hang out" on their blog and really get to know who they are.  I think this is what separates the successful bloggers from those that are doing it for a hobby.  Check out Tiffany Dow's blog.  That woman defines what I'm talking about and she is extremely successful and very trusted.  Best of luck,

Brandy

Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Jim,

You've gotten lots of great information here. Will you be applying any of this information to your own blog?

Thanks to all of you who have shared your experience and guidance with us! I'm actually considering trying my hand at a blog now. I am wondering though, how do you make money off of your blog? If you're writing and people are just reading it, how exactly are you making money? Do you have to charge for advertising on your blog site?

Thanks for all your help and great responses so far.

~Berta

brandyc Adventurer

Hi Berta,

Most people that have blogs sell a product or products and it can either be your own product or an affiliate product.  Many people sell affiliate products.

If you have a blog that has to do with family or children you might dedicate a few posts to children's car seats.  You would then review one that you think is best and then put a link to Amazon for that car seat.  You as an affiliate of Amazon would make a commission if someone bought a seat through your link.  If you were reviewing a great "How to blog" product, you could become an affiliate for that product and put a link in your review.  Again, if someone buys it on your recommendation, you get a commission.

You can also start building a list from your readers as you start getting traffic.  There are really many ways to monetize a blog.  I hope that gives you some idea.

Brandy

Jim Peters Tracker

Hi Brandy, I really like your reply. I did not know that could be done, and sounds like a good plan and a good way to make money out of your blog. Also once the blog gets famous, you could use it for posting ads etc.

Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Brandy,

Thanks for the enlightenment. I had no idea that one could do that. I was actually thinking that you marketed your blog to businesses so they would advertise on your blog site. Thought that OR that your readers had to pay to read, like a pay per click type set up. Although, you might not have that many readers if that was the case.

~Berta

brandyc Adventurer

I'm glad that I could be helpful.  I've got a new blog that I'm reviewing a coaching program on currently.  The program is a coaching that I've gone through that gives you everything you need to know in order to write and publish on Amazon Kindle.  I only review offers that I've done or am doing and truly believe in.  I link to the sales page and if someone is interested then I make a commission.

There are many "review sites" on the web that you have to be careful of since they are just trying to sell the program and most have no idea what it really is and haven't bought it or used it themselves.  I can spot those sites and avoid them.  A blog really has to build trust with readers before you can successfully monetize it.  People online now are much more cautious and that's why I think it's important to be who you are when writing your blog posts.  People respect that even if they might not agree with you.  Best of luck,

Brandy