Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 2:15 PM by melo

Gain More Customers and Increase Customer Loyalty

melo Adventurer

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Steven  and my question which I hope to get many responses is what do you do to gain more customers and keep them coming back? Is it working as effectively as you would like? Small Business owners face many challenges from competing with Giant Corporations to tax laws and other regulations so how do you keep up?  Small to medium business is what fuels a thriving economy so its important that the sector is gaining and consistent!!!

• Re: Gain More Customers and Increase Customer Loyalty
          Moderator Ilona Ranger

Great question Steven, as a customer I prefer to go to a business where I am treated as an individual and not a "dollar sign" walking through the door. So customer service and service overall will bring me back through your door even if I have to pay a little extra.

When it comes to business owners, listening to what your customers want or need is a big "must" if you want them to return. We have several small businesses in our village that have to compete with large chain stores, they came up with a plan a few years ago that seems to be working. They honor each others coupons and once every 2-3 month they have "Brown Bag Special" day or a huge combined "Parking Lot" sale and it seems to be working since all our little stores are still here.

They are also active in the community when it comes to Christmas donations or when there is a tragedy in the community, they are faster to respond than the big stores that have to get corporate approval first...the small business are mostly locally owned and so can make the decisions right then and there and it counts. All this combined seems to bring back their costumers on a regular basis and it seems to keep them going.

I am sure that out other posters also have ideas or stories to share on this subject.

Ilona

moneytrack Scout

You brought up competing with the big giant corporations.  In order to beat them, you have to offer something to your customers that they can't.  More often than not, it is impossible to compete with them in price.  Most small businesses can offer better service and support.

The Money Track
            Independent Financial Advice & Personal Financial Planning

melo Adventurer

Thanks for the response but why cant the smaller business compete in price I mean wholesale price is usually pretty standard is it because the big corporations have more effective advertising maybe or bigger better appeal. For example there is a small gardening and farm supply store near my house but there is also a home depot. If I need a shovel or tool of some sort myself and most will go to home depot this hurts the small guy big time. I see what your saying about better service totally agree!

cibinfo Newbie

Getting people to find your site and the way they navigate and finally become your customers can be viewed through Google Analytic and designing your landing pages based on that. In this way you can gain traffic to your web site.

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Great tips, I agree that an easy to find and easy to navigate website which is not overloaded with a bunch of other Advertisement or is out of date, will help with adding and keeping your costumers.

Customer Service and maybe even making it a point to knowing the customers name will go a long way too. Having some items, like novelty or specialty,  that one can not get at the big giant corporations will be a big plus.

Keep the posts coming and let's help Steven with all the feedback he needs.

Ilona