Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2008 3:17 PM by Lighthouse24

Need info about investment loan

NurseCouple Newbie
      Me and my wife are currently working as nurses in Missouri for almost a year now. We would like to invest in a bank-foreclosed commercial properties back in our homeland in the Philippines (Asia). Per my suggestion, my sister, also a nurse in Arizona for many years, was able to buy a 3-storey commercial building right in front of a prominent school university for only $142,500. She paid $42,500 outright as downpayment and is paying the rest thru a 5-year loan with minimal interest. The best thing here is that the building is fully-rented and the total rent alone generates around $3000/month which is just the amount she is paying for monthly mortgage with the loan. She has 2 more years to fully pay the loan. Basically, she only invested $42,500 for a 3-storey commercial building which appreciates in value every year. The reason i'm writing this is i want to do the same thing my sister did but i need help with financing, thus, i am seeking a loan. I would appreciate if anyone can lead me to the right direction. Thanks.
        • Re: Need info about investment loan
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Welcome to this web site. Need info about investment loan.
          Do you have a Business and or Marketing Plan.
          That is one of the first items a lender or investor will want to see.
          SCORE can help you FREE.
          LUCKIEST
          • Re: Need info about investment loan
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

I understand your desire to acquire income-producing property. Consider this question: If an attractive property is out there for you, why would someone who had cash for the down payment lend that money to you rather than just buying the property himself as your sister did? I'm not asking that to be discouraging or argumentative. It's just the key question your business plan or investment proposal has to answer . . .
            a) What can you and your wife bring to the deal that will benefit the person making the loan or investment, b) how much will that benefit be worth, and c) when will the lender/investor receive it? If you can identify those things, you'll greatly increase your chances of finding the money you need. Best of luck!