Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 9:43 AM by Moderator Melinda

Effective Marketing Strategies for an Online Business

steveng Wayfarer

Greetings and salutations for all,

I'll get right to it, I have an online boutique and urban clothing line which both were launched a year or so ago. Both have had there share of sales throughout the country, especially the clothing line which has consistent international sales. However, much is left to be desired. The business isn't as consistent as I would like to be, and that's due to a lack of marketing ideas. Do you guys have any ideas which I could implement to get a larger and more consistent clientele base? You can check out the online boutique at www.hisandhertrends.com. The clothing line at www.urbannatured.com . Open to all ideas. Thank you very much.

• Re: Effective Marketing Strategies for an Online Business
          Moderator Cath Guide

Hi Steven,

Perhaps it might be time to speak with a marketing person.  Pay for his/her time and let them give you the benefit of their expertise.  We can all give you ideas and I'm sure you will get some good ones.  But in working (and paying for) a marketing person, you can have some discussions and not just a list of things to try.

Cath

brandyc Adventurer

Hi Steven,

Are most of your sales web based?  I tried to check out your two sites.  The urban natured site never would load and I tried it with my laptop and pc.  Maybe that was temporary but not a good thing.  I then went to the His and Her Trends site and it timed out and then it loaded after trying a second time.  Again maybe this was a temporary problem.

The His and Her site to my eye is not friendly.  I'm not trying to be critical here but just wanting to give some honest feedback.  The sight is very light and just isn't as attractive and eye catching as a boutique website should be.  The header is very small and the links tiny.  I'm not a graphics person but do know what I find attractive and invites me to search further into a website.  I would really analyze your site as that is something that can make or break an online business.  Best Wishes,

Brandy

steveng Wayfarer

Thank you very much Brandy, you feedback is greatly appreciated. As far as His and Her you are totally right we are currently looking for a new template that is more user friendly. The urbannatured site however always seems to work fine, it might have been a temporary glitch, you should check it out again. We are located in Connecticut, and most of our sales our web based, coming from throughout the country, some even in Canada. Again, thank you for taking your time our to reply to my post.

joliemartin Scout

It is not very easy to open an online boutique. No doubt it is a splendid idea but knowledge and market awareness are very important for successful business. So you should need complete information before take any kind of setup. There are a lot of websites where you can easily learn your business strategy by reading them like Amazon wholesalepages.co.uk Ebay. These are the best websites where you can find a different collection of wholesale different items.

Guide

Hi Steve,

I will be honest with you, I took a look at both sites and found them to be clumsy. Both sites took a long time to load (my internet is high speed with a very powerful router). Both sites looked more like an advertisement for the fashion of the rich and famous (don't know if thats the look you were after). The videos took so long I didn't even wait to view most of them.

My suggestion to you is fix the technical problems with your web site first and then worry about marketing. The last thing you need is to advertise a site that is having problems. That is a sure way to turn people off to your store. Good luck!

Melinda