Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 3:10 PM by CorpCons08

loans?

fggladys Wayfarer

hi everyone,

i want to start my own business, but i don't have the capitol for it, ive being thinking on a loan.  Does anyone know how that works, or if its a god idea?

• Re: loans?
          Moderator Ilona Ranger

Hi fggladys, you have come to the right place. I am sure that there are many posters here that can help you answer your questions. You might want to let us know what kind of business you are planing to start, do you already have a business plan, once started how many people are you looking to hire and so forth, this will help the other posters here to give you the right answers.

Ilona

fggladys Wayfarer

THank you llona! I am a cosmetologist and a makeup artist, I want to open a manicure-pedicure spa business, I would like to start small, probably 3 employees and myself. I started my business plan but also need help, since it is a new business I don't have much to add to my plan. I would truly appreciate any help and advise that i can get.

Moderator Cath Guide

Fgglady, have you dreamed big enough to consider incorporating all the talents of yourself and your soon-to-be-employees and give your customers a mini-day spa experience?  They could purchase an option or two or the entire experience?

People are so frazzled these days and often ladies can find a free morning or afternoon.  With that time, let them experience some time for themselves in a quiet, calm setting and leave to re-enter the world.  Just a suggestion to consider.

Cath

dmck24 Adventurer

Fgglady, you stated that you are a cosmetologist and a makeup artist. Have you worked in this field as an employee or you are already registered as a small business?

lance martin Scout

Hi, fggladys I am doing job in consumer banking field. My suggestion is this is not a big issue you have not enough capital to start your dream. Main point is that who much solid you aim and your thinking about it. Just start your business in small scale. After that you think you want some loan just go in bank and talk to bank manager. This is the right person to help you. 

moneytrack Scout

I would check out what the small business administration (SBA) has to offer.  They offer a program called score which can connect you with a former business executive for very little cost or even free.  There's a good chance this person could offer you ton's of advice not just on loans but on just about anything you need to get your business off the ground.  Best of luck!

The Money Track
                    Independent Financial Advice & Personal Financial Planning

fggladys Wayfarer

THank you lance and moneytrack, I will consider your advise!

CorpCons08 Ranger

I honestly didn't see any answers that I feel pointed you in the right direction except for the SBA one. The SBA can be helpful, but it really depends heavily on your personal financial statement. Are your personal financials strong enough to back a loan agreement? I would be happy to speak with you and see what we can do to help you out. Let me know if you have found your way or need additional advice.