Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2008 11:24 PM by TJMorehead

buying a franchise

bknows42 Newbie
      I am very interesting in buying a golf store franchise for the town I live in. How do I obtain funding for this?
        • Re: buying a franchise
          LUCKIEST Guide
          42, Welcome to this web site. Tell us more. Who are you?? and Where are you??
          *Go to the Members page and add a *few words about your business
          **How soon do you plan on buying this golf store
          **To obtain funding you need a Business and marketing Plan
          **Good luck, LUCKIES<br
              bknows42 Newbie
              I hope to obtain funding before summer begins. I am still working on marketing and business plan. The business is a golf store selling golfing equipment, making and sizing clubs for customer's, golf clothing and accessories, etc.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  42, tell us more about yourself??
                  What is your background?? What was your major in school??
                  Why GOLF??, Are you working NOW??
                  LUCKIEST
                      bknows42 Newbie
                      I live in Sedlia Mo, I am retired from the AF national guard, don't get to collect pay until I turn 60, hopefully that will change. I'm originally from Chicago, married with 7 children, I work full time at a hospital in Warrensburg MO which is 30 mins west of Sedalia. I am an x-ray/CT tech on the over night shift, really enjoy my job. I majored in Architecture in high school, which I enjoyed the hell out of, but could'nt get the job that was offered to me in 1975 due to transportation problems then. I join the Air Force there after but no jobs (so I was told) in drafting available. Why Golf? I love golf playing it and teaching it to some of my friends. I have been playing since 1987, I am not great at it but I can hold my own. I have information from three franchise companie, Nevada Bob's, Golf USA, and Golf etc. I have never been in business for myself, but I believe the training in the military and supervising people and being responsible and accountable for military equipment worth millions has prep me to run a company, also it will give me more time with the family after it is running smoothly. There are approxmately 6 golf courses in my city, and numerous more within a 30 mile radius all around. There isn't a store that caters to golf equipment and merchandise in that area other than Kmart and Walmart, and their inventory is very limited. I am African American and figured I could get a loan because of my minority status which is encouraged. thanks for your interest, and any information and/or guidance you provide will be totally appreciated.
                        bknows42 Newbie
                        I've replied to this, but wasn't sure if it went through
                    TJMorehead Adventurer
                    Hello Bknows42,

The simpliest is a CommunityExpress Loan. I am a Government authorized technical assistance provider. Visit my blogpage and see "Accessing Capital", from there you can start the process and submit a prequalification form to apply for funding. Once you've completed it I can forward you a pre-application via email.

Send me an email at moreheadsconnections@gmail.com for questions and to exchange contact info.

Warm regards,
                    TJ Morehead