Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 1:57 AM by longlivemedia

How to get customers to visit my site

lonuegbu Newbie

I don't know what to do. I have a website and I have advertised twice but nobody has been to my website since I have it for about a year.

• Re: How to get customers to visit my site
          Guide

Hi Ionuegbu,

Tell us a little about the kind of website it is or better ye,t post your link and we can see for ourselves. Where did you advertise? How long did the advertisement run? What kind of clients are you looking to target? Do you have a listing in the yellow pages? We would be more than happy to help you out.

Melinda

ckburke Newbie

Just because you build it does not mean they will come.

What type of 1-on-1 business building are you doing?

Market market market yourself !!

Stephen Hartfield, CPA Adventurer

Hi Lonuegbu,

Cyberspace is a very lonely and vast place. Driving traffic to your website can be accomplished in a number of ways. Here are some suggestions:

1) Depending on your type of business, find an association that builds an online marketplace for your type of product. For example, let's say that you sell customized pens. You might try Googling holiday gift directories. See if there is a company/organization that works directly in this market. For a fee they will list your business and website address. So if someone is looking for your type of product they will see you listed.

2) Look for free ad listings in your particular marketplace.

3) Start a blog on your website and start writing about your product. The search engines like to see activity on a website.

4) Sign up for a Facebook and Twitter page and start posting items that are relevant to your product.

5) Consider engaging a website marketing company, such as Hub Marketing Group (no affiliation to me), to help you get some buzz going.

6) And last, but not least, look at your competitors' websites. See how you compare to them.

I hope this helps you!

Stephen R. Hartfield, CPA

www.debitsandcredits.com  

Moderator Cath Guide

Great tips, Stephen and ones that I hope many will find useful.  The days of "build it and they will come" are not as frequent as they used to be, I'm afraid.  Armed with your comments and more that will be added by others should assist, not only lonuegbu and others.  One of the joys and benefits of being a part of this community is being able to have good helpful information at our fingertips.

Cath

tngraphix Adventurer

The important thing to consider to get visitors to your website is to publicize the website and provide relevant content.

You are the expert in and know your products. Write relevant and valuable content about your product or service to inform your intended audience. Post on article directories and on your website.

Get a press release written and submit to your local newspaper(s) and to free press release sites online. If you want to show up in the search engines these two elements are critical.

Create flyers with an incentive to give out to customers and encourage them to visit your website for the incentive.

Post ads on free classified sites to drive traffic to your website and physical location

Lastly make sure that you have a way to capture visitors names and emails,phone numbers when they visit your website. It is great to have visitors but if they do not become repeat visitors all the above effort is in vain.

Bonus: Allow customers to receive incentives, participate in contests using their mobile devices when they visit your store.

frichards Adventurer

Try to sign up to social networks/social bookmarking sites. This is a great way to share your new content to other people....

longlivemedia Tracker

More info please! But based from this, I say to work more on our content, interact more with visitors and encourage people to share your site to others. It's more on building a community that interacts with each other than trying to rustle in individual visitors. Plus, after that you'd actually have to convince people to stay and maybe even buy some things. Here are some good online marketing strategies that might also help you. http://www.sbtelegram.com/2012/06/27/5-affordable-ways-to-market-your-business-online/