Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 12:40 PM by LUCKIEST

Create your identity

grafikrtist Scout

As a freelance graphic designer i believe that one the most important issues to solve for you business off the get go is creating your identity. Which includes a logo, business card and letter head.

• Re: Create your identity
          Guide

Hi grafikrtist,

I agree that first impressions can mean everything. But even before the logo, letter head, and business card there is one item that is more important - the company name. A name can set you miles apart from your competition. Lets just take one example: the yellow pages. Exposure is very important to a start up company. Many times when perspective clients reach for the phone book they usually start their calls from the top and move down the list. Chances are, that they will secure a company that meets their needs within the first couple of calls.

In the case of printed advertisement, the name, motto, logo, letterhead and business card all play an important role together. At first site, the company with the most appealing advertisement usually gets the highest volume of hits. But lets face it, if the name is not desirable your percentage of hits does decrease regardless of how spiffy your printed ad is. Me personally, Fred's Bank is not an institution I would trust my hard earned money with.

Melinda

• Re: Create your identity
              LUCKIEST Guide

Unless you are the only business of your type, you have to be concerned with competition.

(Even Fred's Bank).

Every business leader would like to be "number ONE" including Fred's Bank.

You don't have to be number one to be successful.

Certain names suggest and imply that something special is about to happen

which the customer wouldn't want to miss.