Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 1:22 PM by Moderator Cath

Facebook

LUCKIEST Guide

Do you have a presence on Facebook?? Or you are seriously considering the idea??

We've all been told that Facebook can be a gold mine.

Unfortunately, for most business owners, Facebook isn't a gold mine.

In fact, only about 37% of businesses get new clients or more income from their Facebook marketing.

Who in this community uses Facebook?? And is helping bring income to you??

• Re: Facebook
          Moderator Berta Guide

What a great question Lucky! I can't wait to see how the community responds about Facebook and how it affects their business.

~Berta

engagedots Scout

Face book is wider platform to gain many new customers from different corner of the world. It has a positive impact towards growing the business. When used in a right way business are much more benefited.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
              alicenikolic Scout

Facebook is a great resource for allows you to create a platform around yourself and/or your brand and build a thriving community. Following the right people on Facebook is the key” The first thing you need to figure out is who to follow

nhrefreshments Newbie

I have advertised on Facebook for my businesses..and the most interaction I have recieved is for our Charity event. I have had no new clients from advertising there..Yet my community knows me from being on facebook and relate it to my business ads.

marketingexpert Scout

My take on Social Media and Social Networking in a Nut Shell

Social Media and Social Networking in a Nut Shell; Indispensable Marketing

Utilize social media. If you want to build visibility for your company, you must go where the people are. In days gone by, people gathered in the marketplace at the center of the city. Today, they gather online in places like Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+. Which platform is best? The one you will use regularly. Use social media to share information, network, build relationships, and announce new products and services.

OK, but what has really happened?

The internet today is this giant cocktail party with all these people connecting and keeping track of how many connections they have. Unfortunately, one day when you need them to help authorize a $10,000 project, all the sudden it doesn’t matter to them. So, what does matter?  What matters is “where are the real relationships?” The relationships where worthwhile ideas have been exchanged, where things have been done for each other, where there is a real thing connecting you with them not just bits and pieces. Networking is always important when it’s real and a useless distraction when it’s fake. And the internet has caused for a lot of fake networking, so with all of this, there’s only one thing that translates and that is, “Are there people who I would go out of my way for and would go out of their way for me?”  That’s what you need to keep track of and the way you get there is by going out of your way for them and by earning the privilege of one day having that connection be worthwhile.

The networking that matters is helping people achieve their goals, doing it reliably and repeatedly, so that over time people have an interest in helping you achieve your goals.

Social Media are relational tools not transactional tools. Regardless of what many think, social media rewards handsomely the one who is :

1. Generous;
                  2. Other-centered; and
                  3. Helpful

It is a vehicle that appeals to people’s deep, desire to connect. It works when there is trust. When it becomes just another form of spam (violating people’s trust), it fails to be effective.

Moderator Cath Guide

Thanks, marketingexpert, for your interesting post.  We will all be more informed after reading it.  I hope you will continue to share your knowledge-bank with us.

Cathy

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.