Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2012 10:35 AM by Paraday_Comm

How to use Pinterest to your advantage if your a local business

Drape Lady Wayfarer

In my business, I have to stay local. I design and manufacture custom drapes so it requires that I go to the home or business for consultation, measuring, installation etc.  So my question is, how to use Pinterest to my advantage since I am limited to a client base in a certain area?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Sonja

• Re: How to use Pinterest to your advantage if your a local business
          Moderator Ilona Ranger

That is an excellent question, how would or could one use Pinterest as a business tool? Do any of our posters have the answer to this? Please share your experience and knowledge right here.

Thank you

Ilona

Paraday_Comm Navigator

Hi Sonja~

Smart decision to attempt to harness the power of Pinterest. It is important to understand, and for marketers its a well known fact that the vast majority of Pinterest users are women between the ages of 25 and 34, so it’s a natural place for small businesses to spend time if they want to connect with that target audience. Custom Drapes, would be a natural.

Depending upon your local business goals, Pinterest can be a great way to build your customer engagement. However, like with other social media platforms, its important to understand the nuances of the audience on Pinterest and craft specific content which will resonate with that group.

Here are some hints & tips that your local Drape Business should take to grow your customer relationships on the Pinterest platform:

~Define specific goals for the local audience; are you interested to grow engagement with a particular segment of your local customers? Or, do you want to test market new products? Whatever your goals, articulate them as clearly as possible.

~Strategically plan the use of your Keywords, around your local service area. Use "Custom Window Coverings in San Antonio", "Custom Drapes in San Antonio", etc. Carefully planned keywords & phrases will get your brand found and can increase search rankings.

~Interact with your specific Pinterest local community. You want your current and potential local customers to interact with your local business through Pinterest. Engage others through their Pinterst accounts, in your local target market, and make sure that your actions are consistent with your brand messaging and local audience.

~Think around building a broad following. Because your local business can create a variety of boards, your content can be somewhat diverse, but do so without appearing to be random and scattered. Its very important to start your local business board creation with a solid understanding of your customer base and what they like. Use what you've learned over the years about your current and potential customer preferences from your other social media platforms as you create your visuals on Pinterst.

~Maintain clearly defined boards. Although Pinterst provides the opportunity to showcase a diversity of information and visuals on a wide array of topics, its vital to be organized about your sharing of information. This step alone can help your local business information look organized and local.

~Encourage interaction between Pinterest and your other locally focused social media. As your local business builds its Pinterst community, its important to bring it all together from other Social Media. Simply add a pin it button to your blog or tweet about your recently added Pinterest content.

Finally, be sure to monitor what is working and what's not. Similar to other social media platforms, it's key to determine what content resonates with those you're trying to attract. Otherwise, there's a good chance that over time you'll be wasting your time by accidentally creating content which may be slightly or completely off the mark.

Good Luck in your business!
            All the Best,
            Jeff Reynolds,
            Paraday Communications

Bank of America - Business customer since 2009.

Drape Lady Wayfarer

Thank you for all the helpful tips.  This has definitely given me information to be able to approach Pinterest with a little more confidence.  I will be gathering pictures and info, and watching some other local businesses so that I can launch my business on Pinterest in Dec or Jan with added knowledge. I appreciate all your help.  Since this question has been viewed so many times it is obvious that other people had the same question. I will update on how it works out. 

Paraday_Comm Navigator

You're Welcome Drape Lady!

Thank you for "liking" my answer. I have been involved with Online marketing since 1996, and I am sure that you can imagine I have witnessed a tremendous amount of change over the year's. However, having someone benefit from my advice is always excellent to hear. If I can be of any assistance further, feel free to click on my link and contact me via my B of A profile. I look forward to your follow-up here & how your Pinterest campaigns are working for your company.

All the Best,

Jeff Reynolds,

Paraday Communications

Jim Peters Tracker

Yes, you can use Pinterest for business purposes. Like you have a business that designs and manufactures custom drapes, you can add images of your creations on Pinterest (add or upload a pin), like, repin and comment on other people’s pin, follow other registered users and much more. Thus, you get a wider exposure for your work and connect with other people as well.

Moderator Ilona Ranger

Great answer