Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2012 1:05 PM by Moderator Berta

how to start a online boutique?

lisa_dior Newbie

i want to start a online boutique, but i don't know how to go about it, what's the first steps to take, where i can get a good loan to startthe boutique,where can i buy the clothes, etc

• Re: how to start a online boutique?
          Glorya Riomales Newbie

Google How to start an online store/boutique, and you will get all kinds of advise! Good Luck!

bizbiz Adventurer

Hi Lisa,

I would suggest starting to with the end in mind. Where do you want your business to be in 2 or 5 years from now? Who is going to be your customer (target market)? What is the best way to attract those customers? Why will they buy from your boutique?  I would also suggest writing a business plan. For a loan you can go to your local small business administration office and get lots of great information .Most banks and small business administration will require a business plan to get a loan. For the clothes? Where you are at? Los Angeles Garment district has a lot of wholesale places you can check out.

Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Lisa,

I agree with Biz Biz. You definitely need to make a plan. The SBA has lots of great information and templates on writing a business plan. You should make both long and short term goals. As Biz Biz said, Where do you want your business to be in 10 years. But you also want to make yourself some more obtainable goals for the  short term. Like, I'll have my business plan written in 2 months time. I'll apply for a small business loan in 4 months time. Then work towards those goals. That way, as you check off each of the smaller goals, you feel a sense of accomplishment as you take each step to your ultimate goal of opening your boutique. Take your ultimate goal & break it down into small "bites" that you can check off as you complete them.

Best Wishes in your venture!

~Berta

centurion Wayfarer

Lisa, there are many very successful online free on line boutique shops.  Ecrater.com is free and a great place to open your own shop free.  it's a great site awesome traffic.  next, after you set up your free shop communication and Blogging with Twitter and Facebook is essential* every day, to get traffic to your site!  sorry to say no bank loans needed.  You can work this site from your home. inventory comes from garage sales.  besides my regular small business I really enjoy the botiques on line.  Use  ebay for pricing examples.  You still should map out a business strategy. as with any business we all make mistakes and strategies can be changed daily. That, is the xcitement, of owning your own business!  Good luck! 

Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Lisa,

How are things going? You've gotten some great advice and information from the members. Please keep us updated on your progress.

~Berta

engagedots Scout

The most simple thing for enhancing online store is that. Hire a php developer, give him all your inputs and suggestions. Try to make the website as attractive as possible. Integrate it with major social networking sites.Thats it your online store is ready at an affordable cost.

Finally spend some time on SEO -

Make your site SEO friendly. Work more on targeted keywords.

I assure, you have set a finest online boutique store.