Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 1:23 PM by Jim Peters

How important do you think your website is to your business?

Cory Fail Wayfarer

I am just curious to know what the average small business thinks about the importance of a website. How about a website with a custom application that does work for your business. Whether it's publishing hours for invoicing or just a simple announcements and newsletter publisher.

Or even a simple website that just shows information about your business?

• Re: How important do you think your website is to your business?
          Moderator Cath Guide

Cory, we all have seen some very good and inviting websites and also, have seen some less desirable ones.  I speak for myself only but I return frequently to the inviting websites and rarely go back to those others.

I suspect those people who don't have websites or have one but seldom update it, do not realize the value of them.  It takes some knowledge and skill to develop a website and keep it updated.  But a good website can be a beacon to your business - and yes, 24 hours a day and 5 days a week.

So you say, you don't know where to start, make a list of what you want to project.  Find a good website designer and begin discussing the look you want to show to the public.  It takes time and money but in our age of technology, many shop websites before they phone or get in their vehicle and seek you out.

Cath

meganremovals Newbie

Having a website in business is a necessity in our era. Why? First, you can have a wide market than before. Second, potential customer can easily find you. Third, Your business is open 24/7 without spending much as in flyers, commercial, etc. Fourth, you will know more what people's need and through this you can improve your product according to the needs of people.

Guide

Hi Cory,

I agree that in this day and age having a presence online is most important to help boost a business regardless of company size. It is also important to make sure the proper website is chosen for a particular company to be effective. Just as Cathy stated, we have all seen horrible sites that left us with a negative view.

When we opened our architectural business, which started with two members, we were very careful to choose a site that offered the basic web package and photo album capabilities so that we could visually show our future clients our work. We choose to keep our site very simple so that the client would not feel over whelmed with information. The month our site went live, we acquired two new clients because of our visual presentation.

Jim Peters Tracker

A business having its own website has a number of advantages over the ones that do not. This is because with the help of a website effective internet marketing can be done which is a major factor for the success of any business. Moreover, a customer or client can get all the relevant information about your business and contact you, thus, increasing the overall profits.