Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 3:18 AM by levertonscott

Online Branding

webfactorieshq Adventurer

Hi Everyone, I am just curious about Online Business and Branding. How are this two differ, I mean is it literally mean that whatever your domain is; that will be automatically your brand name? Just a noob question, but need some information.

Cheers,

• Re: Online Branding
          Moderator Rebecca Guide

Hello,

This is an excellent question. and one I'm sure that others may have as well.  Many online businesses use unique branding to separate themselves from the competition, which can be independent to, or enhance your domain name.  Please tell us a bit more about your plans, and I'm sure our great posters can come up with some suggestions.

-Rebecca

Thanks for the reply Rebecca,

I am planning to get a domain but way too far for the nature of the business. If you ask me the reason why, well I just like the domain name and the sound of it yet as I said it's a bit out of the business process/field.

However, I conducted and studied already some marketing plans for this type of business and come up with a question when I read something about domaining. Hope you guys here would give their two cents for support...:)

joshuawilson Scout

Branding means how the world sees you; the image you product or your business and on the other handbusiness means is more about the way you promote your business and the services offered.

Yeah, i agree. but about your domain - and impressions on it; do you consider naming it according to your field of business?

levertonscott Adventurer

Yes , both can play a better role for your business and i must say that you need to choose the domain like it and will  be beneficial for the branding for your business as will click in customer's mind about the  theme and area of your website in which you are dealing with. Also from search engine point of view it will effect better . Nice impressions will be there  and other domain factors too . Do a good domain analysis beofre choosing the same.

women ethnic wear

Thank you, guess I have to think over again about the domain I want for my business. Well, search engine side can come later because I think we can market it offline first doing viral if possible..right?

Hmm, thanks for the tip going back on my plan and will have to consider domain analysis -- how? tips? ill better ask Google as well...

cheers