Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2008 4:07 AM by frances

PRIVATE HOME DECOR LOOKING TO INVEST

frances Wayfarer
      how do you know a promising venture to invest in,what do you ask of an entrepreneur seeking investor befor investing in his company?and how do you go about investing in a business.
      I intend going into real investment. any advice ornotes?

francelaluv@yahoo.com
        • Re: PRIVATE HOME DECOR LOOKING TO INVEST
          verse2101 Wayfarer
          Ok, I have an offer.
          If you are willing to take it seriously
          e-mail me at williamslivingin@yahoo.com
          Chris
            LUCKIEST Guide
            HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU ASK THE SAME QUESTION?? IS THIS THE THIRD?? FIFTH??
            Yes frances, I do know of companies and business that have a solid asset base
            and good business plans.
            LUCKIEST
              akintunde Newbie
              Every profitable business involves one form of risk or the other. If you would not mind taking risks, I would rather recommend my kind of investment, which is Forex Trading. Even if you don't have the time or know how to trade, professionals are avilable in the United states to manage your account for you. You don't have to trade your account yourself. You don't have to quit your present job. Mind you, do not invest, until you have an indept knowledge about the level of risk you are about to take. If you need more information, you can contact me via aktunde@yahoo.com or visit www.bold-investments.com
                Lighthouse24 Ranger

Here are seven key things I look for as an investor (and that I teach/help my small business clients who are seeking investors put into place before they make a pitch):

1. An entrepreneur or other active participant who can provide the investor with evidence of his or her integrity, passion, leadership, knowledge, skills, experience, judgment, vision, realism, ability to learn fast, and history of achieving goals.

2. A crystal clear exit strategy that explains when and how the investor will get a return (and of course, how much). Strategies that features a buy-out, acquisition, or follow-on VC investment seem to work best.

3. An accurate business plan -- most importantly, a realistic pre-funding valuation (intellectual property rights are a plus), and a thorough cost/revenue projection up to the point of the investor's exit.

4. A competitive advantage in the marketplace, and good data to support that position (and if the business thinks it has no competition, the principals have a LOT to learn yet -- so stay away!).

5. An enterprise that is currently maximizing its full potential (being all it can possibly be) as a small business, and is poised to literally explode if it gets the cash to do so. Two good signs of this are an operation that is currently "lean and mean" (highly efficient), and a staff that is super-agile (fast, creative, and effective at responding to internal and external business challenges).

6. The ideal industry and market timing -- in other words, today is the perfect time to inject this business with cash to maximize the investor's return (last quarter was too soon and next quarter is too late).

7. The "right" opportunity for the investor (versus all others under consideration) in terms of the dollar amount, risk, participation, and potential.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.