Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 1:42 PM by Jim Peters

home health care business

LNSA836 Wayfarer

I am currently opening a non medical private duty home care business and staffing agency.  I would like to target staffing STNA"s in nursing homes, assistant living facilities as well as hospitals.  We also will be staffing home health aides in the private homes.  .  I am in need for advise on how to promote a new business, how to accumulate contracts in different facilities. the best way to advertise such a business. we are starting out with private pay with private duty care.  in the process applying for passport.  could someone please give me any advise that may be helpful in this type of business.

• Re: home health care business
          Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Wan2005,

Welcome to the community! To answer you question, I would suggest visiting the Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities and Hospitals that you are wanting to service.  Meeting up with their Administrator and getting a tour of their facilities is a great way to get familiar with your prospective clients. Be sure to have your brochures and business cards available. They may let you leave your Private Care and Home Health Care brochures in their lobby for the family members to look over & take home.

Hope this helps. Best wishes to you and your company!

Hi Wan2005,

If you are interested in the private sector as well, I would look through your local newspapers and on line advertisements. Many family members whom need assistance in their homes advertise locally. Be prepared to hand them a list of personal references. Good luck growing your business!

Jim Peters Tracker

In this computer savvy era you have to make your presence felt on the internet. You need to do local search marketing by posting ads on those websites that feature services in your particular area so that anyone searching for a service like yours would visit the site where you have placed your ad.