Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 9:32 AM by Craig Parker

Open Source Calendar Software

Craig Parker Tracker

I was thinking that a calendar app was one of the things keeping people on MS Office, and that alternative might help someone cut the cord. I don't think that I mentioned it here, but I tried setting up a calandar server back in January.  I've only got Tuesdays (my day off) to do it really, and I also like to spend time doing things with the kids, so it's taken a while to find a chunk of time to devote to it.  That and there was something stupid I was missing the whole time.  It's always something stupid you know, like a missing semicolon in a configuration file, or I forgot to cross my fingers before I compiled code...  I finally got it done though  (insert evil laughter here) and documented the process if anyone wants to take a stab at it.  It ended up being way easier than I initially thought it would be.

http://www.doopensource.com/applications/open-source-calendar-software-tutorial-radicale/

If you try it out, please let me know.  If you get stuck, please let me know as well.  I'd love to hear that people are trying new things.