Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 9:58 AM by Moderator Berta

RE: Credit Card Company

jazzalbart Adventurer

If we talk about an ethical company then PayPal would be the best option for you. It's a merchant account which reduces fraud losses, saves your time and provides powerful performance.
        • Re: RE: Credit Card Company
          amspcs Ranger

With all due respect, your post above contains mis-information.  Paypay is NOT a merchant account.  Paypal is a "money mover", which is a very different scenario.  And there is absolutely nothing unique, special, or extra with Paypal in regards to fraud protection.  Paypal is a smart choice for SOME merchant types.  For others, it is a TERRIBLE choice.

LUCKIEST Guide

Thanks Barry

It is always great to read your valuable insite

LUCKIEST (David)

Moderator Berta Guide

Hi Barry,

What would you look at in choosing whether or not to use PayPal? What type of merchants do you think would be best suited with PayPal?

For those who may not be well versed in the difference between a "merchant account" and a "money mover"

can you explain the difference for us?

Thanks,

~Berta

amspcs Ranger

Berta,  I responded directly to you on the email you sent me (above).  But I see it's not posted within the forum for others to see.  Is this right?

SBC Team Guide

Hi amspcs,

Responding to the system notification email will not cause your message to be posted in the community.  If you can, please copy your message in the email you sent and paste it into a reply here.

Allowing members to reply to community posts via email is functionality we are looking into, but we currently do not use it in the community.

Thanks,

The Community Team

amspcs Ranger

OK, here it is: Hello Berta,  I think all of your questions are addressed in our rencent blog post located at http://www.merchantservices-help.com/blog/square-payment/ You'll notice this post deals with another money mover in the news, Square Payments, but as noted at various points in the article, points made in regards to Square also generally apply to Paypal. Bottom line:  Merchant services vendors will tell you a merchant account is better.  Square or Paypal agents will tell you Square or Palpal is better.  Not surprising, is it? The real answer in either case is:  It depends on the particular merchant.  Each provider fills it's own 'niche'.  Which niche a particular merchant falls into would be the determining factor as to which solution is 'better'.  That's about as fairly and honestly as I can state it.