Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2012 1:16 PM by Moderator Cath

trucking contracts and drivers

victorytrucking Newbie

How do I find contracts and drivers for my business. I am expanding from Owner Operator to add 2 trucks.

• Re: trucking contracts and drivers
          Moderator Cath Guide

Welcome victorytrucking!  We are happy you found us.  I feel sure that some of our business 'experts' will be able to assist you with the answers you are searching for.

Congratulations and best wishes on your business expansion.

Cath

Howard Dave Adventurer

Post it in a job site and you will get tons of responses.  You can also go to truckersearch.com and look for drivers and can also post a job.  Your best bet is posting all information on any job sites and you will get response from people that are interested.

Good Luck!

Howard

Cosmetologist Wayfarer

Well I often think of going back to truck driving tractor trailor school. Since I had first went in 1998 and passed . I did not go over the road working with a 6 wk. training trainer.  I went to another trucking school in 2007 for 3 wks. passed all but a minor mistake in driving the clutch released and AIl shut it down for a split second which was a point against me and I turned on an inside lane left in a unknown area in the test.  Any how I am not able to work in the trucking field because I have no experience therefore I can't get hired. But can go back to school again with a promise to work for a certain amount of time.  Well as I said  I think of it often but dont want to get in debt only want to work local too. Any way I am interested in going on a delivery job and pick up and it would be great if some one would give me a training experience with out going back through a rigerous schooling again. Any leads please send on. Good Luck, as well.

Cynthia

Moderator Cath Guide

Cosmetologist, are there no refresher courses for truck drivers who have been away from that industry for a while?  Or are you required to start all over again?

I, for one, am very happy that the training is rigorous.  When I see those big trucks approaching me on the road, I'm glad to know that the course standards are high - sure makes me feel a bit safer.

I'm sure with the cost it takes to get set-up and running, a simple solution of working part-time would not be a good one?  Since you sign yourself as Cosmetologist, I assume that is your other profession?  Could you work both part-time until you decide which direction you want to go?

Be sure to let us know what you decide to do.

Cath