Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2012 9:03 AM by Moderator Jim

The iPad Mini

Moderator Jim Ranger

Most tech sites are speculating that Apple will announce a 7" version of the iPad along with the iPhone 5 in September. If Apple enters the 7" form factor tablet market at a lower price than its 10' offering, would you consider buying one?

Would love to hear from you!

Jim

• Re: The iPad Mini
          LUCKIEST Guide

YES I would

BMPhoto Scout

I probably wouldn't. I doubt if the price difference will be enough for me to go for something smaller.

Moderator Cath Guide

I, for one, would be interested in hearing why:

Luckiest, you say you would be interested in the new iPad Mini

and

BMPhoto, you wouldn't be interested to go smaller.

How do you use your iPads now?  Why or why not would a smaller one be something you would check out and possibly buy?  How would a smaller version be of benefit to you and your business?

This question is not limited to the two, above.  Anyone with any thoughts on this, please join the discussion.

Cath

Moderator Jim Ranger

Taking off my moderator hat for a moment. For me it'd be the price. The small form factor is a lot easier to carry around than a full-sized iPad, but it all comes down to breaking that sub-$250 mark. If you can capture all the good things about having an iPad for half the price, then it'd be a sure-purchase if I wasn't happy with my current android tablet.

Jim

BMPhoto Scout

I wouldn't go smaller because I already have an Iphone. When I think of something smaller and more portable I think that's all I need. When I need something larger I use my Macbook. I would have to use it as a part of my sales process for cliets to view slideshows at consultations and during the sales meeting and the 7 inch would be TINY. Smaller and more compact doesn't mean better for me.

Moderator Jim Ranger

BMP, would your impression change if it had an HDMI out so you could hook it up to a projector or monitor?

Jim

BMPhoto Scout

Not really. Maybe later on down the road when I upgrade to a projector in my studio. But for now I have a large monitor when clients come to me to view their photos. But that will be a few years from now when I can actually move my studio outside of my home. For now I need something portable with a decent size for viewing. The larger they see it, the larger they want to buy it.

AcctPracticeEx Adventurer

Apple have a history of innovating.  Producing a 7" version seems to be a reaction to their competitors rather than actual innovation.  I love my iPad as it is thanks!  Best bit of kit I've ever had - why fix something that aint broke...