Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2008 10:29 PM by LUCKIEST

Smoothie and juice bar/internet cafe

bell22 Newbie
      IM TRYING TO START A SMOOTHIE AND JUICE BAR/ INTERNET CAFE. I'LL SPECIALIZE IN AND ASSORTMENT OF FOOT LONG SAUSAGES AND HOT DOG(CHICKEN,ANGUS BEFF,ITAILIAN,ETC).I'LL ALSO FEATURE AND ARRAY OF BUNS(RYE,WHEAT,HONEY,SEASAME,ETC).WHILE DINNING, I'D LIKE TO HAVE CUSTOMERS TO ENJOY PLAYING FEATURED GAMES ON FLAT SCREEN TELEVISIONS FROM PLAYSTATION,XBOX, AND WII(which I HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO CHARGE FOR USAGE).COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THIS COULD BE DONE AND ALSO WHERE I CAN FIND SUPPLIERS FOR THE BUNS,SAUSAGES,AND HOT DOGS I NEED IN THE SOUTH GEORGIA(ALBANY,VALDOSTA,MOULTRIE,ETC).PLESAE HELP.
        • Re: Smoothie and juice bar/internet cafe
          typistave Newbie
          Bell22,

You have a great set of ideas here, but to me, there don't seem to be any cohesive element to tie it all together. If I were you, I'd think about what type of customer you want to attract, and the things that they are interested it. If you are going to serve smoothies and foot long sausages (which kind of seems like a contradiction), think about the fact that most of the customers that are eating and drinking won't be able to play video games. Also, most of the customers who simply come in to play video games won't be too interested in eating.

One way to fix this is in your method of charging. If you want to charge for video game using, I would suggest a simple hourly rate. That gives the player time to get into the game, and more than likely raise your income with repeat customers and players who rack up hours to finish a game. This rate would have to be fairly reasonable to attract even those who have their own game system at home. Otherwise, your market would be very slim in that regards, and this part of your venture would be a liability rather than an asset.

Also, to tie the two parts of your venture together, I would suggest offering discount deals. For example, if a customer buys a smoothie or hot dog, they can get a discounted hourly rate on games. (Be sure to price your products reasonably in order to allow for this kind of discount.)

Furthermore, you'll need to create an environment that is conducive to all aspects of your target market, and make your business a destination that people will want to come to. Things such as a great name, sectional seating, and a unifying brand and identity will help you in that regard. My company, Typist Ave., can help you with the research and branding to help you start your business and create success. Feel free to visit the website, http://creativityworkshere.com to learn more, and good luck with your venture.

Sincerely,
          Adana Washington
          Typist Ave.
          Creativity works here.
          • Re: Smoothie and juice bar/internet cafe
            LUCKIEST Guide
            22, How soon do you plan on starting this venture?? Do you have a LOCATION??
            How about a Business and Marketing Plan??
            Part of the Plan is coming up with prices to charge and also finding suppliers.
            Do you know about SCORE??
            Good luck, LUCKIEST