Post a new topic
11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2009 8:35 AM by hconnections RSS

I would like to start my own business.

mmartinez127 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I would like to start my own business but don't have any clue on how to begin the process. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to try to apply for grants to start my small business with.
  • Re: I would like to start my own business.
    LUCKIEST Master
    127, Welcome to this web site. You *would like to start your own business.*
    What kind??. You start by developing a Business Plan. Telling us more about
    you and your goals?? Then visiting SCORE.
    Good luck, LUCKIEST
    Wingman Novice

Hi mmartinez127,

Let's take a second and take inventory of your dream NOW and where you want to go.

Why do you want to open a restaurant?
    Do you have any restaurant experience either as an employee or a manager?
    Have you thought about the commitment required to be a business owner?
    Are you willing to put in the hours required to make a business successful?

Owning a business is a life altering decision that should not be made lightly. Be sure you're prepared to make the sacrifices required both BEFORE and AFTER you open your doors.

There are a lot of people in this forum with a lot of knowledge to help you but you need to be sure this is what you want to do.

Good Luck
      mmartinez127 Newbie
      I have thought about this idea for the past 3 years. I am willing to make the necessary changes to make this sucessful. My family cooks out of their home during the holidays and for special orders made by individuals. My people look for the different cultures. When I moved here from New York 4 years ago, I craved for the Latin food items that basically can not be found anyway close. We go food shopping approx 45 minutes away. Even when we want to go for a night out, we must make it to Orlando. I believe this opportunity will open doors for many individuals. As Daytona is a tourist area, I'm sure we will be able to please many individuals when vacationing.
    bankpig Novice
    Hello mmartinez127,

Sounds like you know what you want. A good first step, plus your'e asking questions. Getting financing will be the most difficult part of starting your business. Business registration and legal formalities are are fairly easy. Have you figured that part out yet? Will you have partners? Do you own your own home? If so, have you considered a Home Equity Line of Credit?

Regards,
    Bryan
    bankpig.com
    LUCKIEST Master
    127, Suggestion, Go to the Members page and add **a few words about your business
    angel123 Newbie
    hi!

if you want to have your own website you can conatct me or send an email. My email address angel@itbossinc.com

our number: 1866-375-0772

Thanks,
    hconnections Novice
    Congratuations mmartinez127 for even having the guts to pursue your dream. There are so many people that never even attempt to follow through with their dream of owning their own business.

There's so much that goes into starting your own business. I have been a tax professional for 20 years and part of that has included business start-up consulting for new businesses and business coaching for existing businesses. Technology allows me to service clients across the U.S should you ever decide that you would like my assistance.

For starters, you definitely want to start your research in your State. Here's a link you can visit that can give you a lot of information and details about starting a business in Florida. http://tinyurl.com/379wht* It will inform you about building permits, tax registration, business registration and so much more.

You will also find a lot of information at Daytona's Chamber of Commerce website at http://www.daytonachamber.com. Joining your local chamber of commerce can provide you with so many resources and networking opportunities.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. One major key to a successful business is marketing your business. Not advertising. I repeat - market your business. You will learn a lot about how to market your business by reading Duct Tape Marketing. You can also find the website at http://www.ducttapemarketing.com. You will want your business to strive for customer satisfaction. Word of mouth is more effective than any other form of advertising. Satisfied customers will refer their family and friends to visit your establishment.

As you begin writing and developing your business plan, you will want to think about what will make your restaurant unique from others. But it already sounds like you've discovered that so you're on your way. But planning is crucial. Without a plan, you plan to fail. And the restaurant business has a high rate of failures.

If you can afford to, try to acquire business advisors from your industry. Perhaps you can even build social relationships with them online and begin to pick their brains for information about starting, running and growing a restaurant.

Finally, I don't want to burst your bubble but don't count on grants. Most grants are given to non-profit companies. Its very rare for for-profit companies to obtain grants. So you definitely want to build your credit if you need to because when you attempt to get a business loan, your credit, along with any other business partners, will be considered.

Another resourceful link you should visit is http://www.floridatrend.com which is a website dediated to entrepreneurs and emergeinc businesses in your State with loads of valuable information.

Good luck to you and do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance. My business, Hardge Connections, LLC is a tax and financial services business, however, under that umbrella you will find additional services like Business Plan Writing, Small Business Bookkeeping, Payroll Services, Marketing Assistance, Incorporation Services, Outsourced Secretarial Services and much more.

--
    Ktasha, your personal tax partner
    www.HardgeConnections.com
    Start an Internet based business today for under $500 www.gcvacations.info
    I'm mobile (914) 562-8301

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points