Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2008 12:53 AM by bankpig

Press Release

adminpartners Wayfarer
      I am at the stage in my business/marketing plan where I will launch my website next week for my Virtual Assistant practice - Administrative Partners, LLC. I have read a few articles and books about this stage of the business and many VAs feel that you should send out press releases at this point.

While I believe I have the ability to write a great press release about my business, I'm not sure who I'm supposed to send it to. Newspapers?? Online and print? Perhaps community business newspapers, but who there would I even contact.

Any suggestions as to who should receive press releases about an up and coming business and is this the appropriate time to send these out.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
        • Re: Press Release
          bankpig Adventurer
          Congratulations on getting your business started!

Try PRweb.com. That's a great place to start.

-bankpig.com
            LUCKIEST Guide

A news release, press release or press statement is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media
            for the purpose of announcing something claimed as having news value.
            Typically, it is mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to assignment editors at
            newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations, and/or
            television networks. Commercial press-release distribution services are
            also
            used to distribute news releases.

A press release is different from a news article. A news article is a compilation of facts developed by
            journalists published in the news media,
            whereas a press release is designed to be sent to journalists
            in order
            to encourage them to develop articles on the subject. A press release
            is generally biased
            towards the objectives of the author.

The use of news releases is common in the field of public relations, the aim of which is to attract
            favorable media attention to the PR firm's client, and publicity, the aim of which is to attract favorable
            media attention for products marketed by the clients.

Hope this helps, LUCKIEST
                adminpartners Wayfarer
                Luckiest,

While I understand what a press release is, I am trying to decide exactly who my business would be considered as having "news value" to. Small business owners, coaches, realtors, and other target industries and markets, I would assume. So I guess I really need to think hard about what publications and/or other avenues for receiving the news those persons employ for this information to meet them. Will take a bit of legwork on my part. I guess there is no EASY answer to this.
                CEO Space Scout

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, send a press release.

I have found the easiest, fastest and least expensive but highest quality way of
                getting press releases out both online and to newspapers all at once
                with just one professional submission is

Fast Pitch Networking.

They have a comparison to PRWeb that you can read for yourself and from my experience, it is better.

I happen to be a Titanium member there and if you tell them I referred you, you can get some great
                benefits.

You can sign up for FREE (just tell them referred by me) which is always a great thing.

Here is the link to copy and paste in your browser.

http://www.fastpitchnetworking.com/profiles/CEO-Space-Kathy-Hadley.html

Once you join for free, join my network. If you mention referred by me and then join my network, I can offer you some additional benefits.

To Your Success

Kathy Hadley