Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 9:53 AM by Moderator Jim

Time to Take a Bite Out of Ice Cream Sandwich?

Moderator Jim Ranger

Android 4.0 (aka "Ice Cream Sandwich") is the new standard for the latest smart phones and tablets using the Android system. For older devices, however, some users have been left out of automated updates and need to load it themselves to upgrade their devices. While doing so at their own risk, are the benefits of Ice Cream Sandwich worth the risk you take by upgrading your device?

Would love to hear your thoghts!

Jim

• Re: Time to Take a Bite Out of Ice Cream Sandwich?
          LUCKIEST Guide

It is truly amazing how words change.

You want an Ice Cream Sandwich, you wait for the Good Humor truck, or go to the local grocery or service center.

As a sidebar, Good Humor trucks are out of the Toasted Almond bar.

LUCKIEST

Craig Parker Tracker

As much as I understand Linux and the filesystem, Android is still weird enough to me that I don't dare try rooting it yet.  I did download something last week to get this done, just haven't taken the plunge.  What I'm after, more than the newer Android, is getting rid of  software.  This feels like getting a windows computer back in the day (thought perhaps new computers with Windows pre-installed are still like this); they came with all this garbage that you had to uninstall before even using the damned thing.  The difference now of course being that cell phone companies have taken the keys away...

Moderator Jim Ranger

I've been playing with my Asus Transformer all weekend. Right now all I use it for is light web browsing and kindle. But after toying with it, I love the customization and the home screens and have set up the e-mail, web browsing and music widgets in a way that makes sense (I know they eat ram but they're handy), and I'm setting up my twitter on it and seeing what it can do. So far I'm finding that there's a lot of good stuff in Android that you just can't do yet in iOS without jailbreaking your device.

Jim