Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2012 9:45 AM by Moderator Cath

Entrepreneurship 101

crosstime Adventurer

So, I signed up for a small business class; Entrepreneurship101: Are you really ready to start a Business?   I'm hoping it gives me an insight into what I'll need to start a new business.  Also will help me write up a business plan and guide me toward some small business loans.  This is being offered through the Union County Economic Development Corporation.  Has anyone taken this six week program?   If so, did it help you?

• Re: Entrepreneurship 101
          Uncle Leon Tracker

I taught a similar course (only much more concise) for SCORE.  - Of course take the course.  Whadaya got to lose ?

-

You'll learn from the material, from the instructor, and believe it of not, from networking with the other students.  - Some of the Students may have tread this path before.  There are even lessons to learn from others' failures.

• Re: Entrepreneurship 101
              Moderator Cath Guide

I agree with Uncle Leon.  People who have attempted something and failed very often have great advice to share.  Listen to them and hear what they have to say and you will be better prepared to face forward and then take the next step.

Now this is not to say that you shouldn't take courses and read all you can about the subject you are interested in.  Use every source so that you will be the most informed.

Crosstime, take Uncle Leon's advice and listen to both the instructor AND your fellow students.

Cath