Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 1:52 PM by Moderator Cath

Spring Cleaning?

Moderator Berta Guide

Spring has sprung! The trees and flowers are starting to bloom. We are getting the spring cleaning underway in our homes. Out with the old and in with the new.

Do you do any "Spring Cleaning" in your company? Are there any outdated technologies and/or resources that need updating within your business?

Can't wait to hear how your business changes with the seasons.

~Berta

• Re: Spring Cleaning?
          LUCKIEST Guide

Spring is also Tax Time.  I use Quicken and Quickbooks

It is amazing how many clients still use outdated technologies from shoe boxes filled with receeipts to hand written bank recs.

Many of the time-saving features developed within these markets can assist other business centers

in providing an efficient and cost effect method of managing the entire  process.

LUCKIEST

LUCKIEST Guide

Today is Easter and placing all religious associations aside, it is April

We endured long, cold winters and we eagerly awaited the first hint of spring. 

I was never quite sure if it was my strong dislike for winter that made me do backflips

for spring or my true love for the season, but I certainly changed my mood come April. 

Lately I have been challenged to keep all my activities and work moving forward and I

keep thinking to myself if I can just make it to 'X' point it will be OK. 

LUCKIEST

Moderator Cath Guide

While we are thinking of Spring Cleaning, I suggest that it is time to look at your employees and make some plans for further training or re-training.  Look at your employee handbook and if you don't have one, now is the time to get one written and implemented.

All this activity will probably cause some shuddering among your employees but you can approach this with positiveness.  Everyone can utilize some tips for better production and time management.  As an owner/manager, why not take a paid company 'time-apart' and do some company-work/training and listen while your employees spend some quality time in brainstorming sessions.  So often the people on the front lines who are doing the work have some great ideas and when they are invited to share, everyone benefits.

Happy Spring!  Happy Spring Cleaning!  Happy Re-energizing and Motivated Staff and Company!

Cath