Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 10:49 AM by mere_wood

A really good article for new business owners - 101 Small Business Myths

mere_wood Scout

The list is length, but it is extremely detailed and informative!

http://blog.fundinggates.com/2012/03/101-small-business-myths/

Have a good weekend!

-Meredith

• Re: A really good article for new business owners - 101 Small Business Myths
          Moderator Cath Guide

Thank you, mere, for lifting up this article for our reading attention.  Yes, it is lengthy but filled with valuable information.  I hope people will take a few minutes to stop and read the myths - in fact, print out the article.  I think you will want to have it for a re-read from time to time.

Cath

• Re: A really good article for new business owners - 101 Small Business Myths
              mere_wood Scout

Thank you Cath! It is definitely lengthy, but truthfully it is just the start of a conversation I'd like to begin.

There are so many successful, experienced small business owners out there (and on this forum specifically). With the attention small businesses are getting, as the government is calling attention the impact they have on our economy, as well as the recent influx of young entrepreneurs, I would love for there to be more communication between the generation that has accomplished so much, and the generation that's setting out to be like them.

I want to hear from these experienced business owners. What were "myths" people told you that ended up not being true? What is some of the best advice you've received? What are some of your most "actionable" tips?

A voice from the newest generation of entrepreneurs, we want to hear! I'd love to hear people's responses.

Best,

Meredith