Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2012 8:59 AM by Moderator Berta

Temporary nurse staffing.

ACovin Wayfarer

Hi.  m I am a nurse in Texas. .
      I am opening my own staffing agency because I have played the game for many years and all I saw was just the inconsistency with the nurses, some not professional at all, and the majority
      of staffing companies not caring for the well being of the company they were trying to staff.  I got very frustrated with this and decided to open my own company for medical staffing so I now
      I have nurses just like me who really care for the patients and are consistent with jobs so the same facility gets a nurse they want to have and that nurse enjoys worrying there. 
      The problem I am running into is the nursing homes and other venues are using pool nurses to help fill in their shifts.  i have a buisness plan in place, i am just not sure on how to go about the marketingHow can I go about getting contracts? What kind of approach should i  use?
      How can I just get my foot in the door to get the contracts?  I could really use your help and insight.  Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon

• Re: Temporary nurse staffing.
          Kyle Penland Adventurer

Hi,

I own and operate a similar business, work a desk just like you finding talent and placing them in the right slots with the right companies... The question you are asking has a HUGE answer so I will summarize.  I have learned alot in the business and can teach you but that is another side of my business. 

My suggestions:

Use Linkedin *This is KEY*

Use your former bosses! 

Use your contacts connections

What you need is to Hit the road...You need to develope a sales plan and strategy and take to the road with it...Targeting small businesses with Why your product is better...The reason they are using the pools is because someone sold them on Them.  You need to sell them on you and that will be your key to making the deal work.  Also you need to expand your business to home assistance as well.  I have a friend and I helped them move into this and they are making a killing...Lots of people pay lots of money to have their parents cared for by trained medical staff.  This will also give you income while you get your contracts rolling.  It will also take lots of Phone time.  It takes me 8 calls to form a relationship and I call those people the same time and the same day of the week...If you are interested, I can train you personally in how to insert yourself into the marketplace and grow your business, but if you are savvy enough, you can implement the above strategies and make it work.  email me if you need more information.

• Re: Temporary nurse staffing.
            Moderator Berta Guide

Hi ACovin,

Will you be able to staff more than just nurses? Will you have CNA's onboard as well? Nursing homes, Assisted Living Facilities and Home Health Care all use CNA's for the day to day living needs of the clients such as ADL's, cooking, cleaning, and running errands.

If you can, establish a relationship with the Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities and have a "regular" few nurses and/or CNA's that learn the routines of those homes. That way, you can send Nurses and/or CNA's that are established with them whenever they have a need for your services.

Berta