Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2008 12:59 PM by puzzleman

Market Research

ABN Partners Newbie
      Does your company conduct market research? If yes, how much do you budget and what type of research? Types could include surveys or focus groups.
        • Re: Market Research
          LUCKIEST Guide
          ABN, Welcome to this web site. Yes our company does conducts market research.
          Who are you??, Where are you?? How long have you been in Business??
          What can you do for us??
          Tell us more about you so that we can ask good questions.
          LUCKIEST

puzzleman Tracker
            Yes, I do market research. As a crafter of personalized puzzles, I try to keep up on current trends and needs. My market research consists of talking to my direct customers, talking with my wholesale customers and doing focus groups with my neighbors church members forming the groups. Budget wise, I don't spend much but time. I buy food and drinks for the focus groups.

I have good success with this way of doing market research, as I am able to talk directly with the people who use or could use my products.

Jim
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

We perform extensive secondary market research for ourselves and clients (by secondary, I mean we analyze data that was originally gathered by other parties for other purposes, and then use that analysis to identify needs and predict actions that are relevant to us or to one of our business clients). The only primary market research we conduct involves follow-up questionnaires after products or services are delivered.

Though not very scientific, reading blogs and participating in this or other social networks can provide some very useful insight into people's needs, wants, beliefs, and behaviors. So while I would not define these activities as "market research" in the formal sense, they address a very similar objective.

We budget by project and deliverable, so I can't really offer a figure to answer that part of your question. (It could be from zero to 80 percent of the cost, depending on the project.)
                puzzleman Tracker
                ABN Partners, Why do you ask the question? Are you wondering how other people do research or are you looking for business?? In the profile section you can let us know a little more about you and your company. That way if you're looking for business, others can contact you through your website link and learn more about your company. If your looking how other people do research, tell us about your company and some of us may have insights and experiences that can help. However to do that, you have to introduce yourself to us first. Fill out the profile and others will be more helpful.

Jim