Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2012 5:15 PM by Rosanne Simmons

How Much Would YOU Pay?

The Diamond Pen Adventurer

OK, so I have an idea. Bear with me on this.

My idea is to implement a model where I write free "starter" content for new (or semi-new) small businesses. I am hoping to fund it based on included niche advertising. For example, in providing 5 pages of hypothetical web content for a new hypothetical restaurant, I would bundle a hypothetical sheet or two (or three) of restaurant-based B2B ads in the .zip file I deliver. I would want to hypothetically charge per distribution rather than a flat fee, since I can’t guarantee exactly how many of these I would do a month. Hypothetically.

My question is this: How much would YOU pay for a targeted, bundled ad service like this? What do think is reasonable to ask for an advertising rate? Or do you think it's a terrible idea?

Thanks in advance!

• Re: How Much Would YOU Pay?
          LUCKIEST Guide

Matt, I think that it is a great idea.

How much would I pay (or how much advertisers would pay) depends a lot where you and they are located.

In big cities like N Y C, Chicago, L A, the rates would be higher based on population size.

For smaller cities the rate could be lower..

If you are a gambler, maybe the first 2 or 3 months should be FREE or very low,

with the understanding that the rates will go up as circulation increases.

You definately need a contract between you and the advertiser, (maybe even a lawyer)

good luck, LUCKIEST

The Diamond Pen Adventurer

YAY! So I'm not crazy. Thanks for the reassurance.

I was thinking maybe $2.50 for inclusion per each "kit" sent out. Maybe $5 for the cities you mentioned. If I can get 20 business, that would help me cover the free work. Is that too high?

Or to put it another way, if you own a winery, or a restaurant equipment company, would $5 for a half-page flyer distributed directly to a startup restaurant that is actively seeking help in a major city be reasonable? This, at a rate of maybe 10-25 distributions per month?

Thanks again.

Rosanne Simmons Adventurer

Thanks for the post dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

It gives me a lots of information.No I can decide how should I give to my employees.

guys briefs