Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 1:14 PM by CorpCons08

Opportunity

Ranger

Since this is the day we in the US take time to reflect on the Civil Rights leader , Martin Luther King Jr. , I was thinking about how this pioneer has helped small businesses .

Because of changes he ignited,such as discrimination laws,  I believe it's a much more open and equal experience to own ,fund and run a small business then back in MLK's time. Do you agree ?

Do you think that owning and running a small business is the same experience no matter your circumstances?

If you don't , what do you think the solution is?

Joleen

• Re: Opportunity
          LUCKIEST Guide

Joleen, You asked "Because of changes he (M L K) ignited,such as discrimination laws,  I believe it's a much more open and equal experience to own ,fund and run a small business then back in MLK's time. Do you agree ?"

YES I agree, BUT times were wery different back then.

I think that a lot depends on the period or years when you were born.

Some interesting facts about Martin Luther King, Jr

He is the only U.S. citizen to have a national holiday dedicated to him.

Was a Trekkie (a fan of the original "Star Trek" (1966) TV series).

Was a vegetarian.

Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" (1963)

• Re: Opportunity
            CorpCons08 Ranger

Jolene,

I believe that this country, and maybe even this world, has made some great strides in equality in business ownership. Some of the top business leaders today are individuals that at one time were not allowed to own businesses, or were ostracized for trying to start a business. There is still imperfections, and there always will be. There are imperfections in the way people believe in general. But I will say that there have been some strides towards a more equal business world.

Regards,

Dan